Widgets Magazine

Thread: Blueprints for Existing Residential Property

Default Blueprints for Existing Residential Property

I've done some searching around but I can't seem to find an answer here. Does any agency of the City, County, or State government record and store blueprints for houses when they are built? Mine was built in '66, and I would like to have a copy of the original blueprints to begin planning for renovating my place. I'm in OKC, in Oklahoma county.

Default Re: Blueprints for Existing Residential Property

Did you check the county assessors records? Power site that one.

Building permits require a drawing on file. Everything that's been submitted since the mid 2000's has been scanned and archived with the planning Dept. While they have the old stuff on file...your guess is as good as mine as to where that is filed.

If you go down to 420 w main and start at the info desk on 1 they could get you going. There's a 2-4 week process that costs a pocket full of cash to dig up old public records.

I did... County assessor's site is pretty awesome, but no blueprints to be found there - only a quick appraiser's sketch of the outline of the house. The county clerk's site too has an awesome amount of data regarding deeds and mortgages and even the original plats for my neighborhood, but also no dice on blueprints. I guess I'll try with the City and see where that gets me. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    I did... County assessor's site is pretty awesome, but no blueprints to be found there - only a quick appraiser's sketch of the outline of the house. The county clerk's site too has an awesome amount of data regarding deeds and mortgages and even the original plats for my neighborhood, but also no dice on blueprints. I guess I'll try with the City and see where that gets me. Thanks for the info!
    Thats all you're going to find, plans are submitted , then redlined by the plan review and given back for building. Usually all you'll ever find online is the appraisal sketch

I've found blueprints attached to building permits on the City's website, but that's for recent permits within the last, what, 15 years or something of digital documents they have? So I'm sure they're there, somewhere. The challenge is just figuring out where exactly. I did find out that the original builder is still in business so I might end up getting lucky asking them. In any event, I'll keep you all updated on my search.

Filling out the requisition is your best approach. I thinks it's $25 for the search then a few bucks a page for the copy.

Thread Information