Widgets Magazine

Thread: Blue Man Group

1. Thumbs up Blue Man Group

I attended the Blue Man Group concert last night at the Ford Center and wanted to share what a great show it was!

I had been wanting to see them live for a very long time and at one time thought I would only be able to see them in Las Vegas.

Did anyone else from OKCTalk go?

Default Re: Blue Man Group

I saw them at the Luxor five years ago...It is hard to explain, but whatever it was I loved the show...I wonder how different the show is now and also being in a much larger arena

Didn't get around to getting tix for the OKC show...How was the crowd??

3. Default Re: Blue Man Group

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    I saw them at the Luxor five years ago...It is hard to explain, but whatever it was I loved the show...I wonder how different the show is now and also being in a much larger arena

Didn't get around to getting tix for the OKC show...How was the crowd??
    The crowd was great! The third level was curtained off, and there were a LOT of floor seats.

My friend and I sat in section 225, and the view was great. The acoustics were awesome as well. It was my first concert in the Ford Center...oh with the exception of Sesame Street Live a couple of years ago...LOL.

The show was very awesome. My friend said they did something similar when she saw them in Vegas a few years back.

4. Default Re: Blue Man Group

Just got back from seeing Blue Man this year (2008) and I have to say (sadly) I was disappointed.

I've seen them in Vegas, in NYC and in OKC (06) - this was by far the worst performance.

They didn't do their skits like I have grown to love and the music was not as upbeat most of the time.

There were good moments, but I didn't ever get that pumped up feeling previous concerts gave me.

Most discouraging was the fact I bought 16 tickets for friends and many had never seen them before. They liked it but didn't understand the hype. The Ford Center also wasn't all that full and the light show was minimal at best IMO.

But, I did treat everyone to Red Prime and that made up for it!

Anyone else go? If so, your take?

5. Default Re: Blue Man Group

Quote Originally Posted by BailJumper View Post
    Just got back from seeing Blue Man this year (2008) and I have to say (sadly) I was disappointed.

I've seen them in Vegas, in NYC and in OKC (06) - this was by far the worst performance.

They didn't do their skits like I have grown to love and the music was not as upbeat most of the time.

There were good moments, but I didn't ever get that pumped up feeling previous concerts gave me.

Most discouraging was the fact I bought 16 tickets for friends and many had never seen them before. They liked it but didn't understand the hype. The Ford Center also wasn't all that full and the light show was minimal at best IMO.

But, I did treat everyone to Red Prime and that made up for it!

Anyone else go? If so, your take?
    I'm sorry to hear that, as I am a big fan.

I almost bought tickets this year, but decided against, thinking that it might be the same thing as '06, or scaled back a bit. Guess I was right.

6. Default Re: Blue Man Group

I bought 16 tickets for friends ... I did treat everyone to Red Prime
    Man, I wish I had friends like you.

7. Default Re: Blue Man Group

I almost bought tickets this year, but decided against, thinking that it might be the same thing as '06, or scaled back a bit. Guess I was right.
    Nothing like '06 - I actually would have been fine with a repeat. Sort of like seeing TSO or other 'holiday' favorites that are always a re-hash but worth the experience.

The only really good parts were when they played some Skynard, AC/DC, etc. But even then it was only about 30-seconds of any one song. I couldn't have cared less about their original songs with some chick doing vocals and a human band nobody cares about. It was almost like the Blue Men were just a support element to the band.

I did stop on my way to Prime and had the cycle taxis come and meet us at Prime after dinner and take about half our group to the Ford Center. They really thought that was a treat. And after 10oz of rare steak, potatoes, corn, tamales and a crap cake - I wasn't about to walk anywhere!

I'd see BMG again in a permanent venue, as i hear their shows there are more 'traditional' to what BMG is known for.

But $88 a ticket (after all the 'convenience fees') was not at all worth it for this traveling show.

i saw BMG on the Rockstar tour when it first came through at the Civic Center and had 4th row... it was great! but a much smaller venue and up-close seats (one of them came to our row and just stared in my face - weird!) made for a much more intimate experience... is Tracy Bonham (she sings "Mother, Mother") still touring with them?

9. Default Re: Blue Man Group

Nothing like '06 - I actually would have been fine with a repeat. Sort of like seeing TSO or other 'holiday' favorites that are always a re-hash but worth the experience.

The only really good parts were when they played some Skynard, AC/DC, etc. But even then it was only about 30-seconds of any one song. I couldn't have cared less about their original songs with some chick doing vocals and a human band nobody cares about. It was almost like the Blue Men were just a support element to the band.

I did stop on my way to Prime and had the cycle taxis come and meet us at Prime after dinner and take about half our group to the Ford Center. They really thought that was a treat. And after 10oz of rare steak, potatoes, corn, tamales and a crap cake - I wasn't about to walk anywhere!

I'd see BMG again in a permanent venue, as i hear their shows there are more 'traditional' to what BMG is known for.

But $88 a ticket (after all the 'convenience fees') was not at all worth it for this traveling show.

I'm going to be in Vegas this June and have thought about getting tickets for BMG since I have heard their Vegas show is SOOOOOO much better.

I wanted to go, couldn't find cheap enough tickets. Sounds like I didn't miss much though. Maybe I should have made friends with BailJumper.

Caught them in Vegas about 6 years ago and loved every minute of it...Kinda felt it would be difficult for them to match that performance while on the road so I skipped them here both times

Intrepid if you get a chance to watch them in Vegas don't pass on it...Fantastic show

I'm not sure if that was Tracy Bonham or not. It kinda looked like her, but I don't think it was.

I had 6th row tix to this show. My friend said that it wasn't quite as energetic as the Vegas show. I had seen the Rockstar DVD, and felt a little let down because their seemed to be more energy in the DVD.

The "Relm" show as the opener wasn't too bad. The "OH face" segment was a hoot! Would like to have a DVD of his to play at parties.

At the end, I almost got picked to go up and introduce the band, but he picked the guy in the next row in front of me. They are spooky looking up close like that though.

13. Default Re: Blue Man Group

We saw the Group in Bozeman, Montana a few months ago and thought it was great. I will say that Mike Relm was probably my favorite part but I liked the way it was more a "concert" than a "skit and play" show.

I also caught a bit of the OETA show about the Blue Man Group and from what I saw on the film, the show in Bozeman looked as good or better. I would be interested to know if one of their bands is better than the others. I know they have several musicians for each part and it changes based on the city.

Bummer to hear it was not as good in OKC...

The marsh mellows though - come on!

Thread Information