Widgets Magazine

Thread: State Treasure: THE FLAMING LIPS!

Default State Treasure: THE FLAMING LIPS!

Lot's of great things going on in OKC. Perhaps one of the best things we can lay claim to is Oklahoma's own Flaming Lips. Their show at the Zoo was one of the best of all time - and I've seen some great shows (u2, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, GreenDay, The Who/Grateful Dead) etc. These guys are loved all over the world - and we should embrace them as ambassadors of our state (and play their music on our local radio stations). Wayne Coyne is involved with a creativity project that has national (and possibly) international implications as far as how we teach our children to learn, create, and think. We have some great state treasures. Perhaps the Flaming Lips and their messages of tolerance (and intolerance of our lame leaders), love, and questioning the status quo will some day lead them join those illustrious ranks.

Default Re: State Treasure: THE FLAMING LIPS!

They're quickly rising in the ranks as one of my favorite bands of all time. Seeing as how most modern music is not really... well... that greatly composed, I really like what the Flaming Lips are doing. They've been influencing new artists for a very long time now.

3. Default Re: State Treasure: THE FLAMING LIPS!

I heart The Lips. The Soft Bulletin is probably my favorite album of all time. I saw Wayne Coyne at the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market on NW 23 not long ago buying eggs. I acted all non-chalant, but I think I peed a little bit.

Thread Information