Widgets Magazine

Thread: SE corner of I-35 and Main St.

Default SE corner of I-35 and Main St.

Sorry if posted elsewhere. QuikTrip to be built where Super 8 was.

Default Re: SE corner of I-35 and Main St.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerSooner View Post
    Sorry if posted elsewhere. QuikTrip to be built where Super 8 was.
    Wow, thanks.

Relatively close to the Moore location so it makes you wonder how many stores they will build in the OKC area.

A little off topic, but we tried to go to the Golden Corral there across Main and it was closed. Are they permanently closed or are they remodeling?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Wow, thanks.

Relatively close to the Moore location so it makes you wonder how many stores they will build in the OKC area.
    Agreed.

There are 2 new QTs near my house in S Denver that are less than 1/2 mile apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Wow, thanks.

Perfect spot for them would be off i35 and covell. Surprised there isn’t a gas station here yet of any brand.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    There are 2 new QTs near my house in S Denver that are less than 1/2 mile apart.
    Right and they are everywhere in Tulsa but when they entered the OKC market they said it would just be Travel Centers.

I did not expect them to put any so close together.

They have to be looking at the Guthrie/Edmond area and along both west and east I-40.

I just want to see all the old crappy 7/11s and Caseys close or get replaced. Also, it is ridiculous that every gas station in the metro closes their restrooms past ~11. If they were actually clean restrooms I would understand it to a degree, but most of them are absolute dumps in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    I just want to see all the old crappy 7/11s and Caseys close or get replaced. Also, it is ridiculous that every gas station in the metro closes their restrooms past ~11. If they were actually clean restrooms I would understand it to a degree, but most of them are absolute dumps in the day.
    Sad but true about the restrooms

Quote Originally Posted by acumpton View Post
    A little off topic, but we tried to go to the Golden Corral there across Main and it was closed. Are they permanently closed or are they remodeling?
    I think they are remodeling since the location is still on the website

Quote Originally Posted by acumpton View Post
    I called them and they are open

12. Default Re: SE corner of I-35 and Main St.

Please try to understand the frequency of mental cases, drug/alcohol abusers and just plain freaks that use these restrooms. Any prudent late night business should lock their restrooms.

My local Sprouts, in a nice neighborhood, recently had a morning situation with a clearly mentally-ill drug addict who absolutely ransacked their restroom. Police had been called twice on the guy because he was acting crazy, screaming at customers and generally cursing at the world. The police told him to leave but basically did nothing so when they left, he went in the store and did about everything you can imagine - on and to their restroom. The police finally corralled him in the restroom and made him clean up some of his messing before arresting him but the store still had to have it specially cleaned and sanitized and out of use for 2 days.

I witnessed his ranting and raving before he really blew up then asked about it my next visit. All in all, it cost the store about $5,000 in cleaning costs and damage and 2 days of availability.

This wasn't their first bathroom issue.

The Sprouts now requires a code during all business hours.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    If you were familiar with why OKC has never had QT’s, are just now getting “some” and how 7 eleven and OnCue control the market you’d understand why having them even a city apart is telling.

I wonder if they'll be allowed to do a curb-cut on Main before the 26th Ave light. If they are I doubt they would place a cut in the median as well.

I know the geography is different, but the OnCue on Lindsey and 24th does not have direct access from Lindsey. I suspect they'll have everyone use 26th. Like the OnCue on NW Expressway and Blackwelder - you can only get in and out on Blackwelder, and that location also used to be a motel.

16. Default Re: SE corner of I-35 and Main St.

Well this is an old thread. They haven't started even tearing down the old Super 8. Just vacant.

A thread started on 5/24 is old?

18. Default Re: SE corner of I-35 and Main St.

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    A thread started on 5/24 is old?
    In dog years it is... Maybe

19. Default Re: SE corner of I-35 and Main St.

I had two threads open and one was from 2023. My mistake. Either way, no movement on it yet.

Didn't realize the Super 8 was being demolished. I believe it (along with the Americas Best Value Inn next door) used to be a Holiday Inn, hence why it still has a Holidome... basically a central indoor pool area with rooms opening directly off it.

Most of the Casey's are remodeled Conoco's from when they came into the market 5-6 years ago. As for 7-11, the Brown family that owned these until they sold out to 7-11 corporate was never going to dump much money into these stores built in the 60's & 70's, they did build some new bigger ones in the 2000's but now that they are owned by 7-11 Corporate out of Dallas you wonder if they will at least remodel them. What they have going for them in most cases is there location. On Cue and Q-Trip get it. 7/11 not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post
    Most of the Casey's are remodeled Conoco's from when they came into the market 5-6 years ago. As for 7-11, the Brown family that owned these until they sold out to 7-11 corporate was never going to dump much money into these stores built in the 60's & 70's, they did build some new bigger ones in the 2000's but now that they are owned by 7-11 Corporate out of Dallas you wonder if they will at least remodel them. What they have going for them in most cases is there location. On Cue and Q-Trip get it. 7/11 not so much.
    The Casey's are old Circle K locations. I was pissed when they came in since a lot of Shell locations were lost when Casey's took them over.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    The Casey's are old Circle K locations. I was pissed when they came in since a lot of Shell locations were lost when Casey's took them over.
    Many of which were Texaco/All Star Stores before that.

I would like Chevron to come into or Texaco to re-enter our market. I'm glad Shell is reemerging with Domino. Need a Domino up north.

Thread Information