Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capital Grille

Northwest OKC Capital Grille

Capital Grille planned for OAK development

Oklahoma's first Capital Grille is planned for the OAK development on the corner of NW Expressway and Penn.

The first phase of the mixed-use development is well underway with plans already filed for a large luxury apartment complex, a hotel, retail and restaurant space.

Capital Grille will take the prominent spot on the corner of the two major thoroughfares and according to OAK's latest plans, will offer valet parking.

The upscale restaurant serves lunch and dinner and features dry-aged steaks, seafood and a large variety of appetizers and salads.

Capital Grille has locations in twenty-five states, the District of Columbia, and Mexico City.

Default Re: Capital Grille

Awesome get! Thanks Pete for sharing!

This gives me hope that the rest of the retail amd restaurants in OAK will be upscale and new to Oklahoma, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    This gives me hope that the rest of the retail amd restaurants in OAK will be upscale and new to Oklahoma, as well.
    From what I know, I believe people will continue to be impressed with the other retailers and restaurants planned for this development.

WoW! I've been to the one in Dallas near the Crescent Hotel once long time ago.

It's a very nice restaurant with a great reputation and will be right on the corner, so a great start for this project.

Hope to be able to share more retail and restaurant news on this project soon.

They are really getting serious about construction work and this entire development should start to take shape. Will be very fun to watch.

Great news!

We sometimes visit the location in St. Louis for special occasions, and even though I typically prefer local establishments to chains, this is a first-class restaurant and really a good "get" for this development. This sets the bar high and makes me enthusiastic to see what's next.

Very nice! Seems like a great get!

. . . bring on the Stoli Doli!!

Sounds like a great get to kick off this development on the corner. Hopeful we see a mix of local options in here as well but would have expected this to be a chain given the expense and investment for something like this. I wouldn't think any local operators outside of maybe HSRG would have been able to put something on the corner here.

Excited for the whole development really and those neighborhoods surrounding this area should be great for them.

^

I was told the first phase will be all new-to-market national tenants, both retail and restaurants.

They may add some locals in the future phases.

^

Makes sense, thanks for the info.

Wow what an awesome anchoring restaurant. This is high end. This will certainly ensure a rivalry with the Nichols Hills area including Classen Curve, etc. This is Big League.

Went to the one in Chicago back in February for an anniversary. Excellent service and food. Excited to have this as an option.

Blog Entries

This is one of the nationals that I think will hit it big here. Well known and usually excellent. Will be a big corporate guest go to.

Started going to their original spot in Providence in the 90's. I don't think I've ever been disappointed. Oh, and their Calamari is great. . That's a particular Providence signature.

Please tell me a McCormick & Schmicks is next.

Great addition to the OKC market. Food is really solid & great quality! I live close to the Shoppes of Legacy location of CG in Plano. We have a location at the Crescent Hotel in Uptown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    This is one of the nationals that I think will hit it big here. Well known and usually excellent. Will be a big corporate guest go to.

Started going to their original spot in Providence in the 90's. I don't think I've ever been disappointed. Oh, and their Calamari is great. . That's a particular Providence signature.

McCormick & Schmicks would kill in OKC. I also think Carrabbas would do really well here.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    . I also think Carrabbas would do really well here.
    okc had carrabbas it closed ..

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post

I'd be happy if the metro would have a BONEFISH presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I'd be happy if the metro would have a BONEFISH presence.
    Same. And a point of comment: some of the local food bloggers were making fun of this announcement because it is a chain. I agree we already have too many steak houses in OKC, so I can understand that complaint, but your comment in particular resonates with me. I would rather have a local purveyor but we don't have one that provides consistently great seafood. Maybe it takes a chain to bring that here, I don't know, but it's insane that we are a city metro approaching 1.5 million and we don't have a great seafood restaurant (sorry Drake, Pearl's, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    okc had carrabbas it closed ..
    How long ago was that? I moved here in the mid 00s and cant recall one ever being here.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    How long ago was that? I moved here in the mid 00s and cant recall one ever being here.
    looks like 2008

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=15304

From the OAK FB page; Capital Grille will open 10/20:

23. Default Re: Capital Grille

Looking forward to this, I won't lie. Usually I'm not much for chains, but there are a few that are pretty great, and in my (limited) experience - a single visit on a trip to Scottsdale - Capital Grille is one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Looking forward to this, I won't lie. Usually I'm not much for chains, but there are a few that are pretty great, and in my (limited) experience - a single visit on a trip to Scottsdale - Capital Grille is one.
    Been going to their original in Providence for about 25-30 years. So glad they are finally here. Love their calamari.

I've enjoyed steaks 5+ years ago, but I'm mostly done with american steakhouses.

Thread Information