Widgets Magazine

Thread: What Time Should We Leave for Dinner in Edmond?

Default What Time Should We Leave for Dinner in Edmond?

Sunday morning we drove from our house, near I-40 and Choctaw Road, to the 501 Cafe in Edmond (501 S. Blvd). It took about 40 minutes, north on I-35, then city streets to the restaurant. Monday night we're going to their monthly special dinner, with a reservation at 6:30. How much extra time should we allow because we'll be doing it during rush hour? Thanks.

2. Default Re: What Time Should We Leave for Dinner in Edmond?

According to the Googles leave an hour ahead, however I would avoid the highway at that time and take Britton > Piedmont > 164th >
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/I-40...2!8j1500316200

Default Re: What Time Should We Leave for Dinner in Edmond?

Your google has the area wrong. Its is using the west meto area and east side of the metro. I would allow atleast another hours around that time of day. I would avoid the interstate and drive north to Edmond rd and then come in from the east. I am not very familar with that area of the metro.

Choctaw road does not punch through to Edmond Rd,.. or 178th.

You will have to either get on 1-40 & go west to to I-35 then north to either 15th or 2nd streets in Edmond, or ...

From Choctaw Rd go west to Hiwassee Rd and then north to Hwy 66 and west into Edmond,

Or go east from Choctaw Rd to Luther Rd then north to Hwy 66, then west to Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    Choctaw road does not punch through to Edmond Rd,.. or 178th.

From Choctaw Rd go west to Hiwassee Rd and then north to Hwy 66 and west into Edmond,
    Thank you. When we go to the area around 63rd and Western/Penn, etc, we usually go up Choctaw Rd to 63rd and west from there. I forgot that Hiwassee goes farther north. Hwy 66 becomes 2nd street and takes us right to Boulevard. Google Maps says 49 minutes, so we'll give it an hour.

Yes, 63'rd tee's at Choctaw road. You can make the curve through Jones and take Choctaw all the way to Memorial for that matter, and then go west.

7. Default Re: What Time Should We Leave for Dinner in Edmond?

Eh Google turned Choctaw Road to Choctaw Ave. Sorry.

Use Google Maps or Mapquest. It'll tell you (even considering traffic) how long this will take and it will show all available routes. Asking for directions in an internet forum is maybe the worst way of doing what you need to do.

Thread Information