Widgets Magazine

Thread: Custom Signatures

Winterhawk Guest

Default Custom Signatures

According to the account breakdown listed here, a member with 50 posts should be able to have a custom signature.

I have explored the profile and other options within the UserCP and found no such option.

Is there a mistake on the page indicated above, or am I just missing where to configure a signature?

Default Re: Custom Signatures

You should find it under User CP > Edit signature. Please let me know if you still have problems.

Winterhawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe
    You should find it under User CP > Edit signature. Please let me know if you still have problems.

I do not see the option, here is what is visible in my UserCP Sidebar

*I am still manually attaching a sig to each post now.

Let me check into it. It will be a little later before I can get back to you on this.

Todd Guest

There is no mistake. My guess is you just passed the 50 post mark today and the database has not been updated yet. Several times per day user promotions, etc is updated.

Winterhawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Todd
    There is no mistake. My guess is you just passed the 50 post mark today and the database has not been updated yet. Several times per day user promotions, etc is updated.

Wow, I would figure invision would work on an automatic read of the database table instead of relying on an admin to enable it manually in the AdminCP.

Thanks for the clarification, this might bbe something you would want to add to a FAQ on site features however so you don't run into the same question 50 times.

EDIT: Sig is now working, just need to find the "autoadd sig" option in my profile

Todd Guest

Actually the site is powered by vBulletin and runs cron jobs throughout the day to update the data tables, etc. Please see if it work now and let me know if you are still having problems.

Winterhawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Todd
    Actually the site is powered by vBulletin and runs cron jobs throughout the day to update the data tables, etc. Please see if it work now and let me know if you are still having problems.

It works, and man, cron jobs are, well, just something I wouldnt want to have to rely on except for a daily activity like a database backup.

Thread Information