Widgets Magazine

Thread: Dirtwork - I-40/235 Interchange

1. Default Dirtwork - I-40/235 Interchange

Anyone know what's up with the dirtwork on I-40 in the median just east of the 235 junction? They dozed off all of the grass, and built a zig-zag road of dirt to get from the higher elevation of the eastbound lane, down to the bottom...and they keep bringing dirt down there.

For one thing, I don't get why they wouldn't use the other side since you'd be able to get to the bottom with FAR less effort. And then also, what the crap are you doing once you're down there?

2. Default Re: Dirtwork - I-40/235 Interchange

Posted basically the same question in the I-40 thread - no one seems to know.

Default Re: Dirtwork - I-40/235 Interchange

I really hope they aren't adding an on ramp to the left side of that highway. They need to add all on/off ramps to the right side of the highways.

Work related to the new off ramp coming from I-235 northbound to the boulevard perhaps?

5. Default Re: Dirtwork - I-40/235 Interchange

jn1780, seems too far east for that unless they are building a place to divert traffic while they build that ramp.

I drove by there today and all it looks like to me is that they added some dirt to the side of the ramp. I didn't see any sign of something actually being built.

I wonder if they're doing that for a safety feature or something. Maybe guard rails? I'm not sure why they'd need to go through all of that just for guard rails, but I don't know much about it.

8. Default Re: Dirtwork - I-40/235 Interchange

And now it's done. They dug out the "road" they made and leveled it all back out. It doesn't look like they did anything?????

Yeah, that weird. Maybe they packed it in to keep the ground around the highway stable? Surely there has to be something on ODOT's website about this.

Thread Information