Widgets Magazine

Thread: Anthony Foster dies

Patrick Guest

Default Anthony Foster dies

Former news reporter Anthony Foster passed away.

"Former local television reporter dies at 42

Anthony Foster, a longtime local television reporter, died Thursday after a nearly five-year battle with congestive heart failure. He was 42.
    Foster's career as a reporter started in 1986 when he began work at KWTV NEWS9. In 1988, he went to KOCO and worked there until 1993 when he joined KFOR. He stayed there until 1999 when he took his last full-time job -- before falling ill -- with Oklahoma City Public Schools, where he was the director of communications at Star Spencer High School.

A 1981 graduate of Douglass High School where he played basketball, Foster attended the University of Oklahoma, earning a journalism degree.

Foster loved sports, his university and especially OU football, said brother, Larry Foster.

His sister, Diane Foster, said Anthony was a great singer and sang no matter where they were.

"I'm gonna miss that," she said. "He had a beautiful voice."

She also called him "a happy person."

"He was a wonderful father and was a great listener. He loved people. That was his character," she said.

The youngest of 10 brothers and sisters, Anthony Foster is survived by his three children, Anthony Jr., Sherilyn and James Carl, and also three brothers and three sisters.

Services are scheduled for 10 a.m. Saturday at the St. John Missionary Baptist Church under the direction of Howard Harris Funeral Home in Oklahoma City. "

Default Re: Anthony Foster dies

Kinda makes ya think sometimes. Better not wait until your retired to enjoy life, cuz you may not make it that long. Man, he was one year younger than I am, scary.

3. Default Re: Anthony Foster dies

Quote Originally Posted by mariner62
    Kinda makes ya think sometimes. Better not wait until your retired to enjoy life, cuz you may not make it that long. Man, he was one year younger than I am, scary.
    (a bit off topic, however, it is important) I wish all these people who work so much they forget about their families and socail life would remember that.

May Anthony rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by mranderson
    (a bit off topic, however, it is important) I wish all these people who work so much they forget about their families and socail life would remember that.

May Anthony rest in peace.
    On this, my friend, we agree 100%.

ColumbiaCowboy Guest

I didn't know him well but knew him back at OU, real good guy. That's a pity.

I first met Anthony Foster when he came to my high school several times on singing gigs. He really had a great voice and was a friendly and personable guy. My favorite memory of Anthony was when he sang the national anthem at a football game and he had to use the microphone inside the pressbox. He was more used to singing without amplification, as he had such a strong and beautiful deep voice that everyone in the pressbox was stunned by his awesome presence.

Thread Information