Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baker Hughes

Far North Baker Hughes

As we were first to report on March 20th, Baker Hughes Oilfield Operations will bring 475 jobs to Oklahoma City when it builds new facilities on the far north side of town:

The Company plans to add 475 new jobs in Oklahoma City over the next five (5) years. These jobs include new manufacturing jobs and other onsite jobs that will support its oil field service operations in the region. The average first year wage for these new jobs is estimated to be $51,660.

Baker Hughes is in need of expanding its manufacturing capacity for its Artificial Lift Systems (“ALS”) group and desires to invest in a state-of the-art manufacturing facility using high tech robotics to manufacture motors used in the oil and gas services industry. Making these investments in Oklahoma City would bring manufacturing jobs back to the United States. Baker has an existing manufacturing facility located in Oklahoma City with 48 employees. The construction of these two new manufacturing facilities will bring an additional 250 ALS manufacturing jobs and 125 motor manufacturing jobs to the state. This, along with the 100 on-site support jobs represents a total of 475 new quality jobs to Oklahoma City over the next 5 years.
    http://www.okctalk.com/businesses-em...-jobs-okc.html

We have now obtained the detailed plans for their campus, which includes almost half a million square feet of space and parking for 600 cars:
    • 89,424 SF 3-story office building
    • 135,000 SF workshop
    • 225,000 SF Artificial Lift System manufacturing

In September of 2015, Baker Hughes bought this 71.4 acre tract for $3.19 million. Work is expected to commence in a few months.

Default Re: Baker Hughes Campus

Bumping this up so people see it...

They should be starting construction in about 90 days.

Yeah my neighbor works there and is pretty irritated. He had been told they were building and consolidating on the southside, where a bunch of their stuff is and his current office is. So now he will have quite the drive, although he only has to go in 3 times a week.

That's going to be a stretch of access road & Santa Fe that I will avoid at all costs!

They need to shell out a few hundred million dollars and build interchange right. Continue the service roads over and complete all flyover removing the cloverleafs

Lol, Baker Hughes is not going to rebuild an interchange.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

7. Default Re: Baker Hughes Campus

The only thing wrong with interchange is no eastbound turnpike access coming from southbound broadway

As far as service roads it would be way too expensive cause you would have to build two bridges over the tracks. And there is little to no room on north side due to brick factory

Uh, I think you guys may be overlooking the good news in this story. There is nothing about this announcement I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Lol, Baker Hughes is not going to rebuild an interchange.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk
    no I meant the city should work with OTA.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    The only thing wrong with interchange is no eastbound turnpike access coming from southbound broadway

As far as service roads it would be way too expensive cause you would have to build two bridges over the tracks. And there is little to no room on north side due to brick factory
    I wasn't aware of any train tracks. It could still be done though

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I wasn't aware of any train tracks. It could still be done though
    You weren't aware of the tracks the crisscross Edmond? Come on PluPlan...

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They need to shell out a few hundred million dollars and build interchange right. Continue the service roads over and complete all flyover removing the cloverleafs
    Even with Baker Hughes, traffic in this area is nowhere close to justifying that kind of outlay.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    You weren't aware of the tracks the crisscross Edmond? Come on PluPlan...
    Well, when I think about it, common sense tells me, yes, there obviously have to be train tracks there lol....

I just didn't think of it at the time. I bet you can work around it somehow. They are doing so with the I44/I235 interchange.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Even with Baker Hughes, traffic in this area is nowhere close to justifying that kind of outlay.
    You are correct about that. The Hefner Parkway/Kilpatrick interchange should be completed first seeing as how it will eventually be extended. My point was though, they should planning for it and getting the design work out of the way, because, with all the announced growth along the Kilpatrick corridor, coupled with the signs the NE OKC is starting to pick up some steam, it won't be long before it is needed. Maybe by 2020 or so.

I noticed separate dirt work and site work taking place on the opposite corner of this project. On the north side of the Kilpatrick between Kelley and Eastern. Anyone know anything about that project?

16. Default Re: Baker Hughes Campus

bob howard auto collision center

Not sure if this was mentioned, but they are projecting being open in early 2016.

Baker Hughes should be starting work soon.

19. Default Re: Baker Hughes Campus

I drive by every day and there has been some site clearing as of late

dirt work has already begun

Default Re: Baker Hughes

How's this coming along? I saw that the Schlumberger facility is making progress

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    How's this coming along? I saw that the Schlumberger facility is making progress
    This one is a little further behind in the process. I was out there today (would have taken pictures but right now it's just a huge dirt pad), GC is having the dirt/utility contractor lay all the large diameter storm lines right now.

Since the service companies are taking the worst of the commodity price drop, is there any risk that this facility won't be built?

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    Since the service companies are taking the worst of the commodity price drop, is there any risk that this facility won't be built?
    This facility is for the artificial lift systems (pump jacks). This thing is being built full steam ahead from talking to anyone working out there now.

Looks like it's Bakers turn to start cutting people loose.

Baker Hughes Will "Surgically" Cut 7,000 Workers By March - Oilpro

Thread Information