Widgets Magazine

Thread: What about this neighborhood on the northside?

Default What about this neighborhood on the northside?

I know very little about it and some people are looking from out-of-town, I told them I knew JUST the people who would know.

It's the neighborhood between Hefner and 115th and Penn on the west - Western on the east. About right in the middle of that neighborhood. Not even sure what the name of the neighborhood is.

It used to be real nice, but I've been away from that area for ages. Does anybody know what it's like now?

Thanks everyone!

Default Re: What about this neighborhood on the northside?

This is a very interesting question. I drive by the entrance into that exact neighborhood frequently. My wife prefers taking 115th on account of she is creeped-out driving Hefner between Western and Penn. I actually met the lady whose family used to own the entire quarter-section(?). She was very nice. If I have a chance, tomorrow, to take a brief detour into the area in question I will post my impressions. And I promise: No jokes, No snark. Simply impressions.

If I were looking to buy, I would avoid that area for sure.

Just took a quick drive through part of this neighborhood. Came in, from the north, off of 115th, drove all the way south, to Hefner, turned around, doubled back to Morton, then went east on Morton to McKinley and south to Hefner. My impression was of nice, modest, houses (well-kept) on the west side and sort of less appealing (trashier and more run down) on the east side. My guess is that there are more rent houses on the east side. West side: excellent, house-matching carport; decent lawns and landscaping; a winsome little statue of an E.T. as a greeter by someone's front door. East side: unrepaired, wind-damaged fence; driveways so full of cars they are overflowing into the roadway; several tipped-over portable basketball goals; a few stray tires.

You can't accurately judge a book by its cover, and I am about as far from an "elitist" as one can get, yet I'd have to lean in the direction of rezman's advice, above.

Thanks, RadMod....very interesting.

6. Default Re: What about this neighborhood on the northside?

I would try to find out what the crime stats are for the area. I would tend more toward May ave or north of Memorial rd. Just saying that I would think its more of a safer area. Have to look long term on an area if you are looking to buy. Is the area staying nice or going down hill?

As for the downed portable bb goals, that is not a real surprise given the recent winds. When we had one, we often put it down when winds were coming, rather than have the wind put it where it chose.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    As for the downed portable bb goals, that is not a real surprise given the recent winds. When we had one, we often put it down when winds were coming, rather than have the wind put it where it chose.
    I understand this . . . Yet, some of these were laying in the road by the curb and others in a helter-skelter manner here there and yonder.

Thread Information