Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bricktown Brewery Edmond

Edmond Bricktown Brewery Edmond

As rlewis had posted in the Red's Diner thread, that space at 840 W. Danforth (SE corner of Kelly & Danforth) is soon to open as Bricktown Brewery Edmond.

They are in the process of hiring and construction is wrapping up:

2. Default Re: Bricktown Brewery Edmond

I know the owner. He's a great guy and the food is really improved over the last couple of years. I wish them well in expanding here and to Shawnee.

Default Re: Bricktown Brewery Edmond

Drove by a couple of days ago and noticed the "now hiring" sign. I'm excited to have another dining (and drinking) option so close to my house.

I guess this is in the old Pearl's Cajun Kitchen location?

Is this the old Goldie's location?

It's where Red's Diner/Pablano Grill was.

Monterrey Jack's took over the Goldies location.

The best thing about this is that it may finally give edmond a place with a good selection of local brews.

Getting closer:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Getting closer:

They had a soft opening for people in the corporate office tonight so they could have their walkthrough. I think they open for good next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Getting closer:

I'm so pumped! That's two miles from my house, and one mile from my comic shop!

Can't wait.

Is Bricktown Breweries beers 3.2 or can they sell the stronger stuff? I have tasted a few of their beers and they didn't taste watered down, but then again some 3.2 beer actually tastes good like Mustang Session '33. I have heard from multiple sources that any beer brewed by a bar/restaurant in Oklahoma had to be 3.2, no exceptions. Is that right?

I saw their sign being hauled on the back of a truck on 2nd Street today.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Is Bricktown Breweries beers 3.2 or can they sell the stronger stuff? I have tasted a few of their beers and they didn't taste watered down, but then again some 3.2 beer actually tastes good like Mustang Session '33. I have heard from multiple sources that any beer brewed by a bar/restaurant in Oklahoma had to be 3.2, no exceptions. Is that right?
    That is true. You cannot brew beer that is stronger than 3.2 in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Libbymin View Post
    That is true. You cannot brew beer that is stronger than 3.2 in Oklahoma.
    To clarify, he was right in his statement. Brewpubs are limited to 3.2 (or 4% by volume) beer. However, straight breweries can do higher alcohol content.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Their beer is 3.2, but they sell stronger stuff.

Bricktown Brewery seems weird in Edmond. They do have Texas Steakhouses here so it's not like Chicago's Pizza should only be in Chicago. But, a Bricktown Brewery in Edmond, come on man!!!!

I guess they will start expanding in other cities soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Bricktown Brewery seems weird in Edmond. They do have Texas Steakhouses here so it's not like Chicago's Pizza should only be in Chicago. But, a Bricktown Brewery in Edmond, come on man!!!!

They've had an operation at Remington Park for awhile too.

The guys behind the concept are sharp folks. They are also aggressive and hungry, and don't be surprised if you stumble on a BTB in another state in a few years.

They've already opened up for business in Shawnee (Kickapoo and I-40).

Quote Originally Posted by ThomPaine View Post
    They've had an operation at Remington Park for awhile too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlewis View Post
    The guys behind the concept are sharp folks. They are also aggressive and hungry, and don't be surprised if you stumble on a BTB in another state in a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    They've already opened up for business in Shawnee (Kickapoo and I-40).
    I had no idea. Good for them though!

Enduring Brands (the ownership group) has been doing good stuff. Very successful with Pablano, and I like the changes they've made with their other properties.

Texas Roadhouse is based in Indianapolis, Old Chicago and Boston Market are based in the Denver area....

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Texas Roadhouse is based in Indianapolis, Old Chicago and Boston Market are based in the Denver area....
    I wish Boston Market would open in OKC. That is one chain restaurant I really miss. Does OKC even have anything comparable i.e. anywhere that serves baked or rotisserie chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    interesting, for some reason Boston Market and CP doesn't surprise me as much Texas Roadhouse not being from Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    To clarify, he was right in his statement. Brewpubs are limited to 3.2 (or 4% by volume) beer. However, straight breweries can do higher alcohol content.
    To be anal and clarify further, a brewpub in OK can sell whatever strength beer they want, however, they are limited to brewing 3.2abw to sell on-premise. I can't speak exactly as to why this is but I'm pretty sure it mainly has to do with the tiered distribution of alcohol in the state. Production breweries can brew whatever strength but they can't serve/sell beer or food. The new law passing allowing samples/tasting rooms for production breweries will help but good grief, limited to 12oz? Ridiculous.

Thread Information