Widgets Magazine

Thread: Piedmont or Edmond

Default Piedmont or Edmond

I am wondering is Piedmont the nest best place to start a family in central Oklahoma. Considering portions of west Edmond is growing at a fast pace, O wonder if they will blend in with the city of Piedmont sort of like how Oklahoma City did with Bethany and how Mustang is blending in with Yukon.

Default Re: Piedmont or Edmond

SoonerBoy, I'm not sure I understand your question. Are thinking that because it's a growing area it might be the best place for a young family to move to? If so, I think it should be based on many more reasons than that.

Piedmont is not in Oklahoma County; its in Canadian County. Piedmont cannot blend with Oklahoma City or Edmond. Piedmont would blend with Yukon like Mustang has been doing on the south side of Yukon. Piedmont is north of Yukon. I have friends who live in Piedmont, too, and these other places. Does that help answer your question ???

MadMonk Guest

Depends on what you are looking for. Piedmont is more rural than Edmond and doesn't have the amenities that Edmond can offer yet (but maybe you are looking for opportunities?). They do have very good schools. Maybe a compromise between the two would be the Deer Creek area?

I think there's a greater likelihood of OKC growing out to meet Piedmont, rather than Edmond. It's already happening to some extent, with development along the Kilpatrick Tpike and NW Highway starting to creep west of Morgan Road.

Thread Information