Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I-235 N Harrison exit closing/changing to 10th St exit this year

Default I-235 N Harrison exit closing/changing to 10th St exit this year

this is not really new but i didn't find a thread about it ... i believe that a 10th st exit was promised to St Anthony a while ago and ODOT says that harrison and 10th are too close together to have both exits open.

thoughts ..

GRADE, DRAIN & SURFACE
    I-235/HARRISON AVE. NORTH BOUND OFF RAMP RELOCATION TO 10TH STREET
    23660(04) FFY 2011 IN OKLAHOMA CITY (DEMO = OK027)
    OKLAHOMA Div. 4 IS235 0.200 Mi. Let 07/2011 $816,200

Default Re: I-235 N Harrison exit closing/changing to 10th St exit this year

I understand why they're doing this, but they really will need to do something about quick and direct access to Research Park from 235.

Do we know when they are planning to make this change ? For those trying to get downtown this is very inconvenient? And what about access to I-235 from 6th Street, is that closing as well ???

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Do we know when they are planning to make this change ? For those trying to get downtown this is very inconvenient? And what about access to I-235 from 6th Street, is that closing as well ???
    it says the project is let for bit in July of this year which means that it will happen in the 3rd Q

there has never been access to I-235 from 6th St but the I-235 ramps on 5th street will not be affected

GRADE, DRAIN & SURFACE
    I-235/HARRISON AVE. NORTH BOUND OFF RAMP RELOCATION TO 10TH STREET
    23660(04) FFY 2012 IN OKLAHOMA CITY
    OKLAHOMA Div. 4 IS235 0.200 Mi. Let 07/2012 $3,320,603

this project got pushed back from last year but should be a go this summer

It seems like the simplest thing to do would just be to tie it into where Walnut is on the east side of 235, then widen it.

This restricts access to Deep Deuce, but improves access to Automobile Alley and Midtown. I suppose Deep Deuce is more ready to stand on its own with reduced freeway access anyway, as compared to AA and Midtown. Additionally, there is still the southbound Walnut exit.

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    It seems like the simplest thing to do would just be to tie it into where Walnut is on the east side of 235, then widen it.

This restricts access to Deep Deuce, but improves access to Automobile Alley and Midtown. I suppose Deep Deuce is more ready to stand on its own with reduced freeway access anyway, as compared to AA and Midtown. Additionally, there is still the southbound Walnut exit.
    and coming north bound you can exit sheridan and get to deep deuce that way

is this still happening for sure? I really hope not!

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    is this still happening for sure? I really hope not!
    It is in ODOTs budget to start this fiscal year.

What puzzles me is how this got ahead of doing something with the southbound in that area, as long as they are cutting it to two lanes going southbound, it is going to continue to be one of if not the worst places the freeway jams (especially after the i235/i44 juncture is completed).

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    It is in ODOTs budget to start this fiscal year.

What puzzles me is how this got ahead of doing something with the southbound in that area, as long as they are cutting it to two lanes going southbound, it is going to continue to be one of if not the worst places the freeway jams (especially after the i235/i44 juncture is completed).
    This was done to help keep St. Anthony's from moving out of central OKC. IMHO, a great move.

Are there any plans out there for this?

Haven't seen any. FWIW:

http://newsok.com/nw-10-exit-ramp-re...rticle/3693610

Steve, are they planning on widening the NW 10th bridge to accommodate a Texas turnaround? It would necessitate a different structural type unless they plan on closing I-235 for falsework.

HangryHippo Guest

Is there a diagram somewhere of what the revisions would look like? I'm having trouble visualizing how this would all work out.

I am also quite interested in this project as it will make it much easier to explain how to get to our office at 9th and Robinson for people coming from the south. I read the article that Steve wrote in the paper this morning and I cannot see how this is going to be done anytime soon.

I PM'd Steve about a rendering. He said he has one but it's not the greatest. Either way, I hope he'll post it on here.

also of note is that the state has spend over 500k on the design of this new exit ramp

HangryHippo Guest

I was just reading the thread about the I-235/I-44 interchange, so forgive my frustrated response, but what in the hell is wrong with our transportation department?

HangryHippo Guest

Boulder, do you happen to have a rendering of the proposed changes that you could post for us?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Boulder, do you happen to have a rendering of the proposed changes that you could post for us?
    i don't i tweeted steve to ask him if he would post one here on on his blog ...

Please note post #15...smh

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Please note post #15...smh
    I missed your reply. My bad. You can quit shaking your head now.

You can quit shaking your head now.
    Wheew, thanks. My neck was starting to hurt! ;-)

I was just reading the thread about the I-235/I-44 interchange, so forgive my frustrated response, but what in the hell is wrong with our transportation department?
    Honestly I think it rests with the head of the department (Gary Ridley) who has shown himself to be rather untruthful, uses scare tactics etc. Yet for some unknown reason even when governors change, they keep him on...they need some fresh blood in there...he should have been replaced decades ago

steve?? pic of design??

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Honestly I think it rests with the head of the department (Gary Ridley) who has shown himself to be rather untruthful, uses scare tactics etc. Yet for some unknown reason even when governors change, they keep him on...they need some fresh blood in there...he should have been replaced decades ago
    He's barely been there a decade at all. Oh and he's tripled or quadrupled ODOT's budget in a time of economic struggle.

Thread Information