Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oklahoma eateries reap benefits of ‘Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives’ visit

Default Oklahoma eateries reap benefits of ‘Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives’ visit

NewsOK

I still haven't tried Nics.. I really want to!!!

Default Re: Oklahoma eateries reap benefits of ‘Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives’ visit

Nic's has been closed the times that we have been up there since the show premiered. One of these days we will go there. We did go to Cattleman's when we were up there over Thanksgiving, I hadn't been since right before I moved to Austin and my wife hadn't been there at all.

Default Re: Oklahoma eateries reap benefits of ‘Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives’ visit

I've become a bigger fan of the triple D show after it came through OK this last time.

Glad to know it's really made a difference for the local places here as well.

Nic's is closed this week. It will be open on Monday. It is usually open Monday thru Friday 7:00a.m.-2:00 p.m.

Bigray in Ok

My friends and I have been hitting the Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives circuit once we heard these restaurants were featured.

We figured that it's best to try it before the undead hordes arrive. We haven't hit Nic's or the Diner yet though. But we have enjoyed the circuit so far

Be ready to wait in line outside at Nic's.

Bigray in Ok

Quote Originally Posted by silvergrove View Post
    My friends and I have been hitting the Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives circuit once we heard these restaurants were featured.

We figured that it's best to try it before the undead hordes arrive. We haven't hit Nic's or the Diner yet though. But we have enjoyed the circuit so far
    the nic's show was on tv last summer if you go around lunch you will wait 30min

the 2 best times to go are either 10am or go for a late lunch at 130

I'm of mixed feelings about the DD&D reviews. While I was overjoyed to hear that the places are getting good publicity I feel that a few of my favorite lunch spots (Mama E's and Nic's in particular) are, for lack of a better word, compromised now.

I couldn't be happier that the people are getting the recognition they so richly deserve. Nic's burgers are the work of a short-order master. It saddens me that I won't have the time to eat one again due to my work schedule until after the buzz dies down, and given the quality that the man puts out I do NOT see that happening.

Mama E's is of more concern. While the food is fantastic I have noticed it slipping since the crowds have been pouring in. It's still top notch but my last few visits have left me concerned that the soul is going out of the soul food. Now that they're opening up a 2nd location I don't know if the quality is going to be comparable.

Ingrid's remains at the top of our list. In fact, we were there a couple of night's ago.

When you go to Nic's expect a 45minute wait.

Thread Information