Widgets Magazine

Thread: Geocaching

1. Default Geocaching

Does anyone on this board geocache?

Default Re: Geocaching

I want to, I know several people who do.

Martin Park Nature Center is putting on an "Introduction to GeoCaching" event on Sunday, March 28 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. There is a nominal fee of $2 per person.

4. Default Re: Geocaching

I've been geocaching for almost a year, started out lettering boxing with a prof in college and started geocaching on a family camping trip last year...

The family loves to geocache, especially the kids.

I worked with a woman that tried to get me into geocaching. It sounded like fun and she was going to talk more about it last year....but then she got fired....so I still haven't done anything.

I go all the time. Its a good activity to get the kids out of the house. My daughter calls it "treasure hunting". Fun stuff.

8. Default Re: Geocaching

Right on, we cache under a team name.. "Team GeoPiRates".

9. Default Re: Geocaching

I want gc'ing a couple of times last summer. I will probably do it again once the weather breaks here. I would like to geocache further than just my metro, though. I might try and do some regional treks.

How does one get started with this? How do you know what to do?

11. Default Re: Geocaching

Read through Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site and buy a GPS that displays Lat and Long, then look up caches in your area, follow the coordinates, find the cache sign the log and/or trade out items, and then record your visit to geocaching.com on the cache's profile page.

It sounds like fun - I'd thought about doing it but haven't gotten around to it. I have had two different people swear that they came across drugs and allegedly had to call the cops. I think that is one thing that has made me a bit nervous - plus, you wonder about someone keeping an eye on a cache and causing trouble. But most people seem to think it is great fun.

13. Default Re: Geocaching

I've got to admit.... I didn't know what geocaching was until I read the title of this thread. I didn't even read the posts, I just read Geocaching, then googled it and I haven't stopped researching it since then. I am so hyped about it and can't wait to go out and find my first cache. Happy Hunting!

BTW: My name on Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site is PoisonIvy1354.

I don't, but folks I know who do seem to enjoy it.

There's a cache in a location that's visible from our home.
    On occasion, we'll notice folks scrambling around looking for it.

BlackStar is a free app for GPS enabled Blackberry phones. I have it on mine but haven't had time to do any geocaching yet.

Thread Information