Widgets Magazine

Thread: Perspective-skewing Oklahoma City Museum of Art installation challenges ideas of art

Default Perspective-skewing Oklahoma City Museum of Art installation challenges ideas of art

Default Re: Perspective-skewing Oklahoma City Museum of Art installation challenges ideas of

I cannot WAIT to see this exhibition. OKCMOA is really bringing in some fascinating and unique exhibits. A big change from the traditional impressionist paintings. Hopefully, this will bring new audiences to the museum as well as open up new avenues of thought to the patrons.

The exhibit they're bringing later on in the Spring is mindblowing, too! A real show-stopper ;-)!

Default Re: Perspective-skewing Oklahoma City Museum of Art installation challenges ideas of

Quote Originally Posted by FritterGirl View Post
    I cannot WAIT to see this exhibition. OKCMOA is really bringing in some fascinating and unique exhibits. A big change from the traditional impressionist paintings. Hopefully, this will bring new audiences to the museum as well as open up new avenues of thought to the patrons.

The exhibit they're bringing later on in the Spring is mindblowing, too! A real show-stopper ;-)!
    What is one the way this spring - is that confidential?

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    What is one the way this spring - is that confidential?
    They've not officially announced anything and I don't want to steal my fellow marketing colleague's thunder by putting anything out too early.

Let's just say it will "look fabulous, dahling!"

Take that and the hint from my first reply and see if you might be able to come up with an idea or two.

Quote Originally Posted by FritterGirl View Post
    They've not officially announced anything and I don't want to steal my fellow marketing colleague's thunder by putting anything out too early.

Let's just say it will "look fabulous, dahling!"

Take that and the hint from my first reply and see if you might be able to come up with an idea or two.
    Will you come back and remind us once the thunder has struck so we won't accidently miss it? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    Will you come back and remind us once the thunder has struck so we won't accidently miss it? Thanks!
    Absolutely, when the new exhibition is "ready for its close-up," I'll def come back and share. I'm sure, though, that word will be all over the place.

In the meantime, don't hesitate to visit the new light perspectives show.

It is getting RAVE reviews.

FritterGirl always has good stuff...

It's not a secret as it has been advertised at the OKCMOA for months. If you go to the Museum, you have seen the giant posters in the lobby. They put these up giving a sneak peek for the next 3-4 exhibits coming.

Sketch to Screen, The Art of Hollywood Costume Design will be at the OKCMOA May 6-Aug 15. This is going to be a fantasic exhibit showing over

Following that will be La Serenissima:
    Eighteenth-century Venetian Art from North American Collections
    Sept. 9, 2010 – Jan. 2

Then: Series for Contemporary Art
    Jonathan Hils
    Sept. 9, 2010 – Jan. 2, 2011

Thread Information