Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: question about empire strikes back

Default question about empire strikes back

i have an age-old undying question about Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back that has been bugging me for eons and I was wondering if perhaps someone knows the answer to this question.

Im under the impression that SW:ESB must contain a deleted scene, but if this is the case, Im not exactly what was deleted or the reason for any deletions, etc.

The scene Im referring to occurs at exactly 00:21:45. Luke is shown running up to Chewbacca who is standing underneath the Millenium Falcon and Chewie gives him a big hug.

Soon after this, Luke turns his attention to Han who is making repairs atop the Falcon who asks Luke "are you alright?"

Luke responds by nodding his head and a short "yeah", and then begins to open his mouth agape as if he is about to say something, the camera then pans back to Han who gives a smirk (as if he is replying in jest at something deleted Luke may have said).

The camera then pans back to Luke who continues making unwarranted head nods out of sheer nothingness (..or presumed deleted dialogue). In the middle of his silliness, Luke produces a cheesy smile that looks even more silly cause we have no idea why he is smiling from ear to ear like that.

Han then ends Luke's silly head gestures by advising "Be careful", and Luke replies by saying "You too".

and thats basically the end of the scene in question.

Luke just looks like a retard with Parkinsons, like he is simply unable to control his head from nodding.

So because the scene looks so silly as it stands Ive always wondered if this scene may have originally contained more dialogue than what were presented with?

Default Re: question about empire strikes back

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    So because the scene looks so silly as it stands Ive always wondered if this scene may have originally contained more dialogue than what were presented with?
    No.

INTERIOR: REBEL BASE -- MAIN HANGAR DECK

Pilots, gunners, and R2 units scurry about. Luke, pulling
    on his heavy-weather jacket, is headed toward a row of armored
    speeders. He stops at the rear of the Millennium Falcon, where
    Han and Chewie are trying to repair the right lifter with even
    more haste than before.

LUKE: Chewie, take care of yourself, okay?

As Luke pats Chewie on the arm, Chewie puts his arms around
    Luke and gives him a tight hug. Han is discussing the lifter
    with a repair droid when he sees Luke.

HAN: Hi, kid. (to droid) There's got to be a reason for it. Check it
    at the other end. Wait a second. (to Luke) You all right?

LUKE: Yeah.

HAN: Be careful.

LUKE: You, too.

Luke smiles, then waves at his friend and walks on. After a
    few steps, he stops and looks back. Han glances up and the two
    exchange a silent communication, each wishing the other
    safety, happiness -- many things, all difficult to verbalize.
    Script

You people are scaring me...

What about when that Prince guy sticks his hand into the tree stump with the biting thingys. That didn't seem quite right to me.

5. Default Re: question about empire strikes back

What about the hawkmen?

> You people are scaring me...

Nah, it's the folks who dress like Sheldon you need to be be afeared of.

Is Laredo's open yet?

Do you remember the opening scene shows its on Hoth the ice planet and the VERY large Bigfoot type creature slapping the whatever Luke was riding on and killing that, eating it, then took Luke back to its lair, then luke escape,Han found him, user a light saber to open the whatever he rode on putting luke inside to keep him alive till they were rescued?? hmmmm

NOW ECO I'm more scary then them all!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    i have an age-old undying question about Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back that has been bugging me for eons and I was wondering if perhaps someone knows the answer to this question.
    SORRY for double posting

Do you remember the opening scene shows its on Hoth the ice planet and the VERY large Bigfoot type creature slapping the whatever Luke was riding on and killing that, eating it, then took Luke back to its lair, then luke escape,Han found him, user a light saber to open the whatever he rode on putting luke inside to keep him alive till they were rescued?? hmmmm

NOW ECO I'm more scary then them all!! lol

11. Default Re: question about empire strikes back

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    > You people are scaring me...

Nah, it's the folks who dress like Sheldon you need to be be afeared of.

that show rocks on so many levels mostly cause i am a super nerd

What show is it?

The Big Bang Theory

Quote Originally Posted by gmwise View Post

Buy your official Tauntaun sleeeping bag here. (It doesn't ship until after Christmas, though. Sorry.)

MadMonk Guest

My son would love that sleeping bag, but for $100? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    My son would love that sleeping bag, but for $100? I don't think so.

I guess I'm "fugal" too...lol

for 100, someone other than Harrison Ford better be showing up to tuck me in

C3po?

Quote Originally Posted by gmwise View Post
    C3po?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    hmmmm so you either want Luke or Vader to tuck you in? lol

Hit the wrong button and now I see a new thread....Not much of a Star Wars Fan however.....But, when working in the buying department for TG&Y....eons ago....I ended up with a Real Nice Darth Vader Mask....Extra Hard Plastic..Has a speaker type deal in it and if you breath heavy, it makes that noise. Anyway, My wife is a school teacher and one halloween the teachers all dress up for Halloween and she was going out side with Levis, Cowboy boots, Cowboy belt,Western shirt....She looked good but, she had that Black Helmet with her....I asked "what are you doing with that Helmet?"....she told me it was part of her Costume...I looked at her strange and said OH?...yeah, you know I can either be Darth Brooks or Garth Vader......I went back in the house and finished getting ready for work....Kept shaking my head though....OKC Teacher....

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    Hit the wrong button and now I see a new thread....Not much of a Star Wars Fan however.....But, when working in the buying department for TG&Y....eons ago....I ended up with a Real Nice Darth Vader Mask....Extra Hard Plastic..Has a speaker type deal in it and if you breath heavy, it makes that noise. Anyway, My wife is a school teacher and one halloween the teachers all dress up for Halloween and she was going out side with Levis, Cowboy boots, Cowboy belt,Western shirt....She looked good but, she had that Black Helmet with her....I asked "what are you doing with that Helmet?"....she told me it was part of her Costume...I looked at her strange and said OH?...yeah, you know I can either be Darth Brooks or Garth Vader......I went back in the house and finished getting ready for work....Kept shaking my head though....OKC Teacher....
    LOL! Garth Vader or Darth Brooks! I don't know her, but I like your wife!

Quote Originally Posted by ddavidson8 View Post
    What about when that Prince guy sticks his hand into the tree stump with the biting thingys. That didn't seem quite right to me.
    I think you are confusing this with a scene in the 80's movie, "Flash Gordon" where Timothy Dalton puts his arm in the tree to prove his courage.

(won't even admit how many times I have seen this movie)

Maybe it was Flesh Gordon, but then why was that Yoda girl there?

Thread Information