Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson Dies

1. Default Michael Jackson Dies

omg... TMZ is reporting that Michael Jackson has just passed away from Cardiac arrest. ( So far, no official announcement but it is all over the news). I hope they are wrong.

Farrah Fawcett as well...from cancer.

What a horrible day in the entertainment industry.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: Michael Jackson Dies

I just read a report that stated he was in a coma. So far, I've seen both dispositions but don't know which is correct.

Pop star Michael Jackson is in a coma and his family is arriving at his bedside, a law enforcement source told The Times.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...teve-ruda.html

Paramedics revived Jackson before taking him to the hospital.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Musi...son/index.html
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

MadMonk Guest

Wow...him and Farrah in the same day.

4. Default Re: Michael Jackson Dies

CNN is reporting now that he is a coma but it is extremely unlikely that he will recover.

Cardiac arrest is much more severe than a heart attack. Numerous sources reporting that the paramedics were unable to revive him.

This is horrible. I always liked both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. ugh.

5. Default Re: Michael Jackson Dies

CBS and LA Times are both reporting that he has died.

Unhappy Re: Michael Jackson Dies

Sad day in the entertainment industry. Thanks for the music MJ.

7. Default Re: Michael Jackson Dies

I empathize with his family and his fans.

Better?

I can't believe it! Back when I was on the dance floor it was to MJ's music. Thank you for all the music Michael. RIP.

9. Default Re: Michael Jackson Dies

Hmmm...when I read "cardiac arrest" (not just a heart attack) in a guy only fifty years old, I think poison, overdose, something like that. With MJ's history, this could very well be a suicide.

As strange as Michael is, he knew his music. RIP.

10. Default Re: Michael Jackson Dies

If you don't care, then don't post and just move on.. obviously some do care and it's disrespectful for those who do.

It's confirmed AP .... Michael Jackson dead at age 50 leaving behind 3 children. Sad.

Michael Jackson is dead, and I'm beside myself.

It doesn't seem real. So sad. So so so so sad.

Rest in peace, King of Pop.

12. Default Re: Michael Jackson Dies

Very sad day. He brought so much to the art of music and is one of the few artists that has made an impact on society at the height of his success.

I echo Karrie...if you are just going to be hateful or don't care, move on and save your time - and ours. If you want to troll, there are other sites where you may be welcome, this isn't one.

He may have been somewhat of a freak show later in life, but musically, when he was on, he was on. Off the Wall still sounds just as good and fresh today as it did thirty years ago.

This really, really sucks. I'll miss you, Michael.

14. Default Re: Michael Jackson Dies

R.I.P. MJ....

Michael Jackson did so much for so many people worldwide, I just got back from a run to the store and this song was playing on the radio. It really makes you think.

Michael...you made a difference.

YouTube - Michael Jackson "Man in the Mirror"

16. Default Re: Michael Jackson Dies

I wake up to read this news with all these masses on YIM, then I text people from my phone, and most of them don't believe me! I know, it is indeed a shock. Despite all the situations he had gone thru, his music was hella good back in those days.

I hope his kids are okay. I wonder who they will go to. They have different moms. I hope they don't get split up. RIP.

I haven't seen anything like this since the death of Princess Diana. He really moved a lot of people.

19. Default Re: Michael Jackson Dies

im no fan and he was a bit creepy, but to see an american.... a global icon die kinda sucks. so farrah and mike today and ed yesterday, damn trifecta.

Yeah, one like me, hates to see people pass on, like Michael Jackson, who helped make growing up a delight, and that includes Farrah and Ed.

Very reminiscent of the day Elvis died. The parallels between the two are striking:

Both were pop superstars.

Both over time came to isolate themselves from the real world.

Both led increasingly bizzare lifestyles.

Both had drug problems.

Both were preparing for concerts at the time of their deaths.

Both died at home under similar circumstances.

Both died young -- Elvis was 42, Jackson was 50.

And Jackson was briefly married to Elvis' daughter.

Really whats the big deal...the man..and I use that term loosely...was a sideshow freak..

Has anybody been making this big of a deal over Farrah or McMahon?...Would anyone make this big of a deal if it were a member of your own family?

What this shows me is that people idolized this freakish child molestor but yet have nothing to say about any average joe that dies a much more tragic death..

Jackson was a freak...

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Really[sic] whats[sic] the big deal...[sic]the man..[sic]and I use that term loosely[sic]...was a sideshow freak..[sic]
    He was also the 'King of Pop' and greatest-selling musical act of the late 20th Century. Try to capture the rose in its entirety, rather than focusing on only the thorns.

Has anybody been making this big of a deal over Farrah or McMahon?
    Yes, I'm sure someone has.

[sic]...Would anyone make this big of a deal if it were a member of your own family?
    Yes, I'm sure someone would.

What this shows me is that people idolized this freakish child molestor[sic] but yet[sic] have nothing to say about any average joe[sic] that dies a much more tragic death..[sic]
    Plenty of people will have something to say about 'Average Joe' when he dies. Undoubtedly, not as many people will recognize the existence of 'Average Joe' because if he was famous in some respect, he would forfeit the title 'Average Joe'. Michael Jackson captivated audiences worldwide long before he made his infamous headlines in the tabloids. He certainly did things contrary to the norm, but he was much more than a 'freak' and he was acquitted of child molestation charges.

Jackson was a freak...[sic]
    He was also a wonderful and inspiring performer, who united people of all races and cultures with his music.

24. Default Re: Michael Jackson Dies

Curt, you'd have to also realize that people out there want his money and some of them use their children for that. One day, those kids will grow up and confess to lying for their parents.

Mike may seem a bit odd, out of nature, but it doesn't make him a molester.

MadMonk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    im no fan and he was a bit creepy, but to see an american.... a global icon die kinda sucks. so farrah and mike today and ed yesterday, damn trifecta.
    Sort of reinforces the old saying about these things happening in threes.

Thread Information