Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Egg Group close to announcing 2 new concepts

Default Good Egg Group close to announcing 2 new concepts

Got a twitter from tuck today (hope you don't mind), but it's kind of somewhat public information already. They are close to announcing 2 new business deals. I know they were eyeing the possibility of something on Campus Corner, and they were also planning on opening a restaurant next door to Red Prime, so I'm wondering if this is what is in store or what. Tuck, we're anxious to hear when you're ready to tell....

Default Re: Good Egg Group close to announcing 2 new concepts

Nothing is happening next door to Red Prime.

darn! hopefully another downtown or in the inner city though. I'm still betting one of the two are in Campus Corner in Norman.

4. Default Re: Good Egg Group close to announcing 2 new concepts

I'm excited. Just added them to my twitter.

> I'm still betting one of the two are in Campus Corner in Norman.

Seems like there was a thread in the Norman board where he said as much, but I could of dreamed that. I've been dreaming all sorts of weird stuff lately.

No dream, hence why I guessed that also:

http://www.okctalk.com/norman/17168-...not-visit.html

tuck, when do we get any new updates..........

Everything is still moving forward; I wll let you know when the time is right.

9. Default Re: Good Egg Group close to announcing 2 new concepts

Awesome. I hope it's a GEG take on tex-mex, and I hope it's in my neighborhood...and I hope they price the Tecate at $0.50. (A boy can dream...)

> I hope they price the Tecate at $0.50

is that per sip, glup or glug?

11. Default Re: Good Egg Group close to announcing 2 new concepts

per 24oz can.

Got a tweet from "tuck" last week, they are thinking of opening OKC's first gastropub and calling it REPUBLIC. What are your thoughts?

I suppose it's my age, or the fact that I'm really rather dull, but what is a gastropub? Funky name for bar and grill, or oh, so much more?

While in Cleveland a new gastropub opened up called 'The Pub'. They have several locations in the midwest. The food was good but they were really known for their selection of European beers. It was the only place I could find Old Speckled Hen on tap. Here is their website to check out.

The Pub

Sounds risky. Could pay off huge or it could be a bomb.

17. Default Re: Good Egg Group close to announcing 2 new concepts

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Sounds risky. Could pay off huge or it could be a bomb.
    McNellies and Tapwerks seem to do fine with merely decent food. There's nothing like that around Flips, where they are thinking of opening it.

Think of the atmosphere of Iron Starr or Cheevers put into a primary bar. I'll be there nonstop. Only thing close is 51st St Speakeasy, which has surprisingly good food, but is not known for its food at all. I'm hoping for something like the martini lounge at Boulevard as far as atmosphere...dark, definitely a BAR, intimate and still fun with that Good Egg food we've all come to know and love.

Oscar's Gastropub in Tulsa is pretty good. If we get something that compares favorably to that I'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    McNellies and Tapwerks seem to do fine with merely decent food. There's nothing like that around Flips, where they are thinking of opening it.

Think of the atmosphere of Iron Starr or Cheevers put into a primary bar. I'll be there nonstop. Only thing close is 51st St Speakeasy, which has surprisingly good food, but is not known for its food at all. I'm hoping for something like the martini lounge at Boulevard as far as atmosphere...dark, definitely a BAR, intimate and still fun with that Good Egg food we've all come to know and love.
    I'm guessing the food would have a different [higher] price point? I'm 100% in favor of anything and would maybe even patronize such an establishment on occasion. I do think the area around Flip's is underserved. Lots of Chesapeake employees (the ones who survive the layoffs, anyhow) would like a great place to go. Maybe in the Classen Curve development?

Republic will be in Classen Curve. Price point will be in the high teens including alchohol. Food will be amazing, inventive and approachable. Craft beers will be the focus on the bar. Great place to watch a game. Oh yeah, wait until you see the patio.

Oscar's Gastropub in Tulsa is great! I go there when I am in Tulsa on business, on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Republic will be in Classen Curve. Price point will be in the high teens including alchohol. Food will be amazing, inventive and approachable. Craft beers will be the focus on the bar. Great place to watch a game. Oh yeah, wait until you see the patio.
    Sounds like my new favorite restaurant already, just try to make sure that patio is in the shade in the evening.

It also sounds like this deal isnt an if but more of a when.

Heard about this from on of your servers at Iron Starr a couple of weeks ago but wanted to let you be the one to announce it...very exciting! Great job Tuck!

Sounds like a winner.

25. Default Re: Good Egg Group close to announcing 2 new concepts

I love you tuck.

Estimated open?

Thread Information