Widgets Magazine

Thread: Site Upgrade

Todd Guest

Default Site Upgrade

We've got a major software upgrade for the site coming soon to patch a few security holes. Once the software is upgraded we must re-install all the other sub-systems within the site. These include the Arcade and Flashchat. I want your feedback as to whether these systems are being used. I've yet to see Flashchat used and rarily see the arcade being used.

What do you guys think about replacing those systems with a Blog system where users can create their own blog?

Default Re: Site Upgrade

Before the arcade was unavailable to non-premium accounts, it was one of my favorite features. Just look at Tetris

I can't find any tetris game online that's anywhere near as good as the one you had here.

3. Default Re: Site Upgrade

I have never used the flash chat, and really do not go inot the arcade much. So, if we replace those with the blog, it is ok with me.

MasterWolf Guest

I too havent seen anyone use the FlashChat to this day. So, I wouldnt mind if that went. But as far as the Arcade, I enjoy it...But, if you want to get rid of it, I can understand ...
    I think the blog system would be a great addition to the site.

Keith Guest

I've never used either one of them myself, so if they are gone, I won't miss them.

Zoedith Guest

Is this why when you click on a member's name in a thread it says challenge in the arcade? It doesnt seem to work, and I was just wondering about it.

I miss the arcade. I loved Tetris.

8. Default Re: Site Upgrade

Arcade? What arcade? Didn't know there was a arcade. As for the blog I wouldn't use the blog feature don't have a thrill to write a journal. Flashchat, what is that, thats not the chat we use nw on tue and thur nights is it?

9. Default Re: Site Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider73068
    Arcade? What arcade? Didn't know there was a arcade. As for the blog I wouldn't use the blog feature don't have a thrill to write a journal. Flashchat, what is that, thats not the chat we use nw on tue and thur nights is it?
    I think Todd dropped the arcade in favor of the Journal feature. More interest. The Flash Chat was the chat we had before Java, the one we now use.

Zoedith Guest

Aww thats too bad....

Todd Guest

I can always add the arcade system back into the site. The only reason it was removed was because it went months with no activity.

MasterWolf Guest

I used the arcade all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd
    I can always add the arcade system back into the site. The only reason it was removed was because it went months with no activity.
    Only because I had a free account. I had to play other, lesser tetris games.

Patrick Guest

I'd be in favor of adding the arcade back. Since we have the new OKCTalk live chat, there's no need to add Flash Chat back.

Zoedith Guest

I'm sure I would play in it if it was here.

MasterWolf Guest

I wouldnt mind to see the arcade back up.

Thread Information