Widgets Magazine

Thread: Any reviews of Carrabbas on Memorial?

Default Any reviews of Carrabbas on Memorial?

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone had some first hand reviews of Carrabbas? I took a look at the menu online and it sounds like it would be really good fine italian food just would like some recomendations before I go and drop 13 bucks for a seafood spaghetti!

Default Re: Any reviews of Carrabbas on Memorial?

I like it a lot, but I've only been to the ones in Tusla. Probably the best Itallian restaurant I've been to. The bread they give you is wonderful...I haven't had the spaghetti, but the Chicken Marsala is to die for. I've never had a bad thing there..

Wow... such high marks .... so the food is worth the price?

Excellent food! Very good shrimp scampi and excellent lasagne and the bread they serve is great. I would recommend it highly

I love Carrabbas, try the calamari!! I have never gotten anything there I didn't like. It is definatley one of my favorites!!! Enjoy....And let us know how you like it

6. Default Re: Any reviews of Carrabbas on Memorial?

meh.

Stick to Zio's for good, affordable chain Italian.

Carrabbas is the best Italian chain. Biga in Tulsa is the best Italian non-chain.

Zio's does not even compare to the quality of Carrabbas. They do NOT use fresh ingredients at Zio's.

8. Default Re: Any reviews of Carrabbas on Memorial?

I have not been to the one here but the one in Nashville, TN (Green Hills Location) was great! It is a chain but the food was always good and the staff was great.

Hopefully it carries over!

Zios in on ways compares to Carrabbas...Zios is the McDonalds of Itallian food.

Mecarr,

You are absolutely right.

I thought Carrabbas was average at best

nothing stood out and I havent' been back since my initial trip

12. Default Re: Any reviews of Carrabbas on Memorial?

My wife and I go there once in a while. We love it. The kitchen is open to the whole restaurant, so you can smell it from the moment you open the front door. The wait staff is required to know every ingredient in every dish, so they can readily answer any question. This is particularly useful if you have food allergies.

I recommend the Chicken Marsala, the Sirloin Marsala, or the Pollo Rosa Maria. For dessert, get the Chocolate Dream. Even if you're too full, order one to go. You won't regret it.

13. Default Re: Any reviews of Carrabbas on Memorial?

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    I thought Carrabbas was average at best

nothing stood out and I havent' been back since my initial trip
    Exactly. Feel the same way about Johnny Carino's.

14. Default Re: Any reviews of Carrabbas on Memorial?

I liked the Carrabbas in Tulsa and the one in Colorado Springs. I've only been to the one here in OKC twice and it didn't really stand out to me.

Try one of the mom&pop shops on May - Chicago, Vito's and of course Falcone's.

15. Default Re: Any reviews of Carrabbas on Memorial?

Or Bella Vista on the southside.

16. Default Re: Any reviews of Carrabbas on Memorial?

Quote Originally Posted by mecarr View Post
    ..Zios is the McDonalds of Itallian food.
    Are you serious?? Ever heard of Olive Garden?

I like Carino's the best of the chains. Never been to Carabba's though. May have to give that a go.

My experience is that Carino's (sorry Luke) is worse than Zio's. Olive Garden is better than Zio. Romano's Macaroni Grill is better than Olive Garden. But Carrabbas's beats them all.

19. Default Re: Any reviews of Carrabbas on Memorial?

I've tried three or 4 things at Johnny Carino's and they were all awful.

i like Carraba's ambience... not too loud, kinda dark... better than the loudness at Carino's! and the wait staff at Carraba's has always been top-notch...

21. Default Re: Any reviews of Carrabbas on Memorial?

The ambience was nice at Carrabba's, but I wasn't all that impressed with the food. I probably could have made it at home myself for less money, heh. Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing. Seems to happen a lot these days; maybe it's not that I'm ordering the wrong thing, maybe it's just that restaurants aren't as good as they used to be. But that's a different topic. Back on track.

I personally like Johnny Carino's because their menu stands out from the usual bland "Italian" stuff. They have a lot of spicy things, which I really like. I'd go there over Olive Garden any day. The Olive Garden has good breadsticks and salad, I guess, but-- once again --I could probably make that stuff myself at home.

Not too far back I had lobster ravioli at Johnny Carino's... Very creative. And DEEE licous.

In order (bad to good) of "chain" italian that I've experienced:

Olive Garden: blech. Worked there while in college. Will never step foot in one again.

Zio's: meh. Okay, but rather "ordinary."

Johnny Carino's: meh. It's better than Zio's, and has a more "rustic" atmosphere, but still not great IMO. Haven't tried their Lobster Ravioli - I might have to check that out.

Carrabba's: Now we're getting somewhere. Nice ambiance, fresh ingredients, local investment (managers have to be part-owners, so there is local investment which I feel lends to better service all around). Plus, it is a "regional" chain, not wholly national. Delicious food served up nice and hot. Friendly service.

Bravo: This trumps em all. Elegant atmosphere that is still comfortable. Great food and service. Nice bar area. Super private areas for parties and celebrations. Lobster bisque to die for. Even their "plain" spaghetti and meatballs is really spot-on. Again, this is a regional chain so you don't find em everywhere you go. Have never had a bad, or even quasi-bad experience there.

24. Default Re: Any reviews of Carrabbas on Memorial?

Bravo is excellent. It would top my list too for chain italian.

Never been to Bravo... I'll have to try it sometime.

Thread Information