Widgets Magazine

Thread: It is gone! OMG

1. Default It is gone! OMG

Anyone notice the oil tower in Del City on 29th across from MTM Trophy place is gone. No activity over there anymore. Supply is dry?!

Default Re: It is gone! OMG

The drilling is done, they have installed a pump now to moove the oil.

No big deals except its not pumping to my back yard

3. Default Re: It is gone! OMG

I can't believe it was the shortest drill ever! That just shows the dryness of oil supply. Now those poor trees is gonna be chopped down in the future for whatever the next to develop.

WOW...how old are you 12?? This is such a waste of space...the length of the drill as NOTHING to do with the supply!!! It only reflects how close the oil is to the surface the deeper the well the longer it takes to drill, and in fact the closer the well is to the surface that shows that the pool they are drilling in is still quite full.

5. Default Re: It is gone! OMG

As a geologist it is hard to explain to outsiders how it all works.

Seth is right. Sometimes it takes months to drill a deep well (>20,000) and sometimes it only takes a few weeks. Just depends on where the trap is and how but the reservior is.

But it has nothing to do with short supply.

this is an old field with several abandoned wells on the property from the Parker drilling days. I believe they were re opening an existing well but I might be wrong on that count..............

They were probably reopening a well. They did this exact same thing in at the tank battery that is just west of Capitol Hill High School a few months back.

Oklahoma is full of capped wells. Most were capped because it was not economically feasible to pump from them after the oil boom went bust. I often wonder if they will ever open the old wells around the state capitol.

Thread Information