Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so i have a myspace for oklahoma city and the park harvey sent me this message.

1. Default so i have a myspace for oklahoma city and the park harvey sent me this message.

it said "hey, the park harvey needs to be on your page! what can we do to get a picture on there?"

i replied to them "wait out that 100 year clause about not remodeling the exterior... cause it's the sh*ttiiest looking building in downtown."

they haven't replied back.

was i too harsh? i made tht profile to paint a positive picture of okc and for people to be proud of our city.

thoughts, anyone?

www.myspace.com/oklahomacityrocks

Default Re: so i have a myspace for oklahoma city and the park harvey sent me this message.

Yes, too harsh.

That building isn't pretty but it offers relatively affordable rental housing right in the middle of the CBD.

If they were to completely remodel the exterior the rates would have to be adjusted up accordingly.

Plus, they have some good tenants available to all (health club, clothing store, sushi restaurant) so don't be too hard on them.

Default Re: so i have a myspace for oklahoma city and the park harvey sent me this message.

I'm sorry, but I think that's hilarious! I'm one of your buddies on there and the reason that page is my #1 is because, you're right, it makes our city look premier!!
    It's not a real estate page. Leave the Park Harvey off.

Since you asked, yes, that was pretty harsh. The message was fine, but the wording could've been better. You could've said the exact same thing in a completely different way. Oh well, hopefully they have thick enough skin to get over it.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

5. Default Re: so i have a myspace for oklahoma city and the park harvey sent me this message.

i don't mind them using my comments to advertise... but i'm really particular about the visuals... i guess i coulda said it in a more tactful way.
    but can they remodel tho... i thought they couldn't
    Last edited by edcrunk; 07-15-2008 at 01:41 PM. Reason: damn smartphones

Quote Originally Posted by edcrunk View Post
    i don't mind them using my comments to advertise... but i'm really particular about the visuals... i guess i coulda said it in a more tactful way.
    but can they remodel tho... i thought they couldn't
    Your page is about points of interest in and around OKC. I didn't know they were taking tour groups through their building.

The comment was harsh, too harsh.

8. Default Re: so i have a myspace for oklahoma city and the park harvey sent me this message.

Yes it was a little harsh. You are correct in thinking they couldn't do much to the exterior.

You're reasoning as far as only showing positive images is great, but I would have worded it differently.

Tell them you'd be glad to put some interior photos of their building up, such as a model apt., lobby, or the like...

Looking at your page, you can see the Park Harvey in a couple of shots and you also feature the Oil Center on NW Expressway, which I think is the most hideous large structure in town, with that awful pre-cast concrete and newer "racing stripes".

11. Default Re: so i have a myspace for oklahoma city and the park harvey sent me this message.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Tell them you'd be glad to put some interior photos of their building up, such as a model apt., lobby, or the like...
    john, that is a flipping fantastic idea. i will tell them that when i apologize.
    this happened friday night... and i was at a house warming party and drank more than i should of... then i went to sauced (while being very sauced) and friends there bought me drinks. then i got on the web and started talking smack to everyone.
    if it was a person and not a business... i wouldn't have debated if i was over the line or not.

but anyways.... great idea.

then i got on the web and started talking smack to everyone.
    Never drink & post!

13. Default Re: so i have a myspace for oklahoma city and the park harvey sent me this message.

well.. it is 4 in the afternoon, i guess i shouldn't post... or not drink so early.

14. Default Re: so i have a myspace for oklahoma city and the park harvey sent me this message.

Haha, more than once have I logged into a board (not this one) after a night of heavy drinking and found I started something I shouldn't have! Haha.

Whatever happened to: "___ you. Strong letter to follow."

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    well.. it is 4 in the afternoon, i guess i shouldn't post... or not drink so early.
    ha.
    Nah, it's not early.

Maybe I should start excusing my posts with the sauce...

Ugliest build in downtown OKC? Not even close. There are building way uglier in downtown OKC than Park Harvey.

18. Default Re: so i have a myspace for oklahoma city and the park harvey sent me this message.

I agree with that.

19. Default Re: so i have a myspace for oklahoma city and the park harvey sent me this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Ugliest build in downtown OKC? Not even close. There are building way uglier in downtown OKC than Park Harvey.
    ....? Which one?

20. Default Re: so i have a myspace for oklahoma city and the park harvey sent me this message.

i'm wondering as well....
    i really hate the building on the SE corner of the sandridge campus. it actually has a decent exterior that was covered over in the 70's

21. Default Re: so i have a myspace for oklahoma city and the park harvey sent me this message.

Is my memory failing me - I thought they could not do anything to the exterior of the PH for historical reasons? Did I imagine that?

22. Default Re: so i have a myspace for oklahoma city and the park harvey sent me this message.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    ....? Which one?

also that weird parking garage between Kerr Park and Dowell Center.

At least they offer affordable living downtown and Jbrown seems to have enjoyed the Park Harvey. I honestly don't see it being that ugly. But then again, I like older looking structures that make downtown look like a real city.

24. Default Re: so i have a myspace for oklahoma city and the park harvey sent me this message.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    that's the one on the sandridge campus i was talking about. it's one of the oldest structures in downtown.

Thread Information