Widgets Magazine

Thread: Wall - E

1. Default Wall - E

I saw this movie last week. I thought it was pretty good.

If you have little ones, there are scenes that don't have a lot of dialogue and I noticed some younger kids getting very antsy.

Have you seen it and what did you think?
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: Wall - E

When my 9 year old says the movie is dragging along, something is wrong. The Pixar folks have certainly had better efforts. It's a cute rental.

The movie was really cute at first. I couldn't help but fall for the little guy, but the movie kept on and on to the point where I became bored.

***********SPOILER ALERT********READ AT YOUR OWN RISK********

I really liked the indirect approach, used by the movie staff, to show the effects of big box stores and their practices of using massive amounts of resources, while depicting the people as lazy and apathetic to the world around them. Everytime I saw those guys in the chairs, I could envision the fat people who ride around Wally World on their little carts.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

4. Default Re: Wall - E

My daughter (who's 10) and I thought it was a very funny movie. She even picked up on the people being lazy and unaware of the world around them and made several comments about it after the movie.

Pixar's best? No. But still worth seeing on the big screen.

My youngest was bored age4. the older age 7 loved it.
    My disappointment was no "bloopers" at the end.

6. Default Re: Wall - E

******** Spoiler Alert! ************

Yeah, I felt the same way as all of the above. We patiently waited for bloopers but didn't see any.

A great effort but for Pixar, it could have been better - I was wanting an ET ending... but I guess nothing can compare to that one.

7. Default Re: Wall - E

The reviews are very very positive, and it's rated #9 on the IMDb top 250 of all time.

Does anybody notice that the little robot looks errie similar to Johnny 5 from Short Circuit?

Everybody and their monkey has noticed Wall-E is similar to Johnny 5.

10. Default Re: Wall - E

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Everybody and their monkey has noticed Wall-E is similar to Johnny 5.

My monkey didn't notice. Then again, she's only 10 and has no clue who Johnny 5 is/was.

Short Circuit was a right decent effort. A mini-5 just might be enough to get me out to see this one.

12. Default Re: Wall - E

This is a fantastic movie. The animation is pretty much photo-realistic.

It's a parable for today. An indictment of consumerism and excess. The most "adult" and artful of the Pixar films.

9/10 or A

13. Default Re: Wall - E

Do you think it was a coincidence that Wall e sounds like Wallyworld aka Walmart?

i liked the movie a lot, great animation and artwork

The photorealism of the animation is astonishing. As a movie, however, I didn't think Wall-E was anywhere in the league of a Toy Story. The cartoon that played before WALL-E was laugh-out-loud funny, arguably much more enjoyable than the movie that followed. I thought WALL-E, as a story, was a bit ponderous, and about 30 minutes too long. I notice that it didn't stay in the Grand Auditorium of Warren in Moore past the first week.

It may just be me, but I'm noticing that humans/society are increasingly an enemy in Pixar creations. They were the evil fishermen in Nemo, the evil toy shop owner in Toy Story 2, the slovenly neighbor and mean kid in the first Toy Story, and even mean enough to put away superheroes in "The Incredibles." I guess "Cars" was the exception, only because there were no human characters at all....

16. Default Re: Wall - E

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I notice that it didn't stay in the Grand Auditorium of Warren in Moore past the first week.
    That has nothing to do with Wall-E. They moved it out because Hancock was coming out and was (correctly) projected to be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    That has nothing to do with Wall-E. They moved it out because Hancock was coming out and was (correctly) projected to be huge.
    And expected it to do better than Wall-E, right? if Wall-E were projected to do better, it presumably wouldn't have been moved, would it?

Just have to see how WALL-E pans out over the weeks ahead.

18. Default Re: Wall - E

Well basically they are going to put whatever movie is expected to be #1 at the Box Office, and it would be pretty hard for any of the Pixars to beat Hancock on the 5-day Fourth of July weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Well basically they are going to put whatever movie is expected to be #1 at the Box Office, and it would be pretty hard for any of the Pixars to beat Hancock on the 5-day Fourth of July weekend.
    Yup....looks like the box office for WALL-E dropped close to 50% after the first weekend....legs on this Pixar effort will be interesting.

and I STILL haven't gone to see Indiana Jones....GRRRRRRR

Thread Information