Widgets Magazine

Thread: Screwed by another OKC Heat and Air Corp

Angry Screwed by another OKC Heat and Air Corp

New to the forum today. Primarily wanted to spread the bad word about About Blackmon mooring. They were called before noon today for a service call, returned my call at 1:00 pm to say their man was running long, and would call when he was freed up. Received a call approx. 5pm from my wife they were on the way. arrived home to find service tech had been in the house 20 minutes, the normal diagnostic fee had jumped from $79 to $139 because they didn't show til after five and was also charged $53 to clean a part that can be purchased for $25. When I called their office to speak with a manager at 7pm there were no managers on duty. I said I was going to call all the local news stations and was told someone would call me back tonite! It's after 10 what would you do if in my shoes?

Default Re: Screwed by another OKC Heat and Air Corp

Nail them!

Contact the Better Business Bureau.

In the future, I recommend Silvernail.

I don't know that nailing them is the answer. What I would suggest is to give yourself a bit of time to "calm down," analyze the situation, and then call them today and talk to the manager. Go for the person highest-up in the company.

In the LEAST, they should reimburse you for the difference between their regular and after-hours service call.

If they fail to comply, then I would contact the better business bureau. Calling the media in cases like this should really be the LAST resort, only after you have exercised all of your options, and frankly, the results won't be much better than if you try to work with them yourself.

I would get refunded the difference for the after-hours call, since they were supposed to come out before 5PM. Just explain it to the manager. If they're a decent company, they'll reimberse the difference. As for the $53, that's probably just their typical charge for the service. All heating and air companies charge for their services, and they're usually more than if you did it yourself.....that's just part of the business. Just like with plumbers.....they usually charge way more than the part actually cost, because they have to cover labor. But, that's just the price you pay for having a company do something for you, instead of doing it yourself.

I use Drabek and Hill, and have always been happy with their service. But, it's a large company, and I'm sure you'll always find people that don't like them....that's the case with any large company.

Next time call the okc local firefighters union hall or one of the smaller fire departments. There are several ff heat/air guys, plumbers, tilesetters, etc. Majority are trustworthy, comparably priced and will be straight with you.

I Use Interstate Heating And Air They Are Great. I Have Called Them At 4:30 In The Afternoon Before They Got There At 7 Because It Was Summer And They Did Not Charge Me Any Overtime Or After Hours Fee. And Thier Prices Are Printed Right There On The Invoice So Every Body Gets The Same Price For The Same Service. They Do Great Work And Garuentee It Too. I Have Used Them For About 5 Years Now. You Should Call Them Next Time.

Another good service family-owned company (I've used them for 3 generations now) is Vogt Heat & Air. Great people and they always do good work. Small company though and not available all hours I don't think.

9. Default Re: Screwed by another OKC Heat and Air Corp

I enjoy the services of Lockhart Heat and Air..

But, back to business. Calling the BBB is like telling your mommy that the kid down the street called you a name. Nothing really happens. I've lost my faith in the BBB.

10. Default Re: Screwed by another OKC Heat and Air Corp

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    Calling the BBB is like telling your mommy that the kid down the street called you a name. Nothing really happens. I've lost my faith in the BBB.
    There is a homeowner on 18th street between homeland and mesta park (high traffic spot) that goes as far as to put up signs to express his discontent. Right now he has one that says he doesn't recommend using a particular agent at Farmers Insurance. On his car he has a sign saying that such and such dealership lied to him when he bought the car.

11. Default Re: Screwed by another OKC Heat and Air Corp

I have faith in that guy.

Settle down. Threatening to call the local news stations at this stage of the game will only make you sound like a loon. As for the cost of the part, that sounds pretty tame - mainly something that is bugging you because you are upset, already. Talk to the manager during business hours and see what you can do about avoiding the after 5:00 cost. If you insisted that the thing needed to be fixed that day, you may be stuck. It is not worth pitching a fit over although I understand your frutration.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Contact the Better Business Bureau.

In the future, I recommend Silvernail.
    Amen! I've been using these folks for years and they've always been punctual, courteous and professional. I'm not sure how their prices compare to others, but they are very fair.

Thread Information