Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tom and Jerry's

Default Tom and Jerry's

Wow. I'm shocked that there isn't an official Tom and Jerry's review thread yet. Anyhow I took the wife out on Friday night. This was our second or third time to Tom and Jerry's. It was a nice reminder that Tom and Jerry's is unexpectedly one of the nicest restaurants in our city. The service is always top notch as well as the quality and presentation of the food.

We started off with the complimentary gift from the chef, some sort of mushroom stuffed cap to get the palette more prepared to taste complex flavors. We also enjoyed the fresh tomato basil bread with sundried tomato/honey butter.

For the main course my wife had the Osso Bucco and I had the Costa Rican Coffee Rubbed Ribeye. From the menu the descriptions are:

Veal “Osso Bucco on Gruyere Risotto and Winter Root Vegetables

Coffee Syrup Glazed with A Costa Rican Coffee and Peppercorn Crust. Served with Tobbacco Onions, Garlic Whipped Potatoes and Brandy Demi-glace (12 oz)

I must say both were excellent. The ribeye is one of the best steaks I've ever had, definitely in my top 4 steaks ever. The others being Red Prime and Cafe Nova's cocoa beef. On top of that it was a steal since it was the special for the weekend $12.95 regularly $26.00. My wife also seemed to throughly enjoy her veal and she said the risotto was even more amazing. I sampled it and thought the same.

We topped it off with dessert with the Deep Dish Pear Golden Raisin Bread Pudding with a Carmel Calvados Sauce. I thought this bread pudding was simply amazing. I could have ate another serving full. My wife liked it although wasn't as pleased since she's not a fan of raisins. Total with tax and tip for everything came to less than $50 (with discount from having an Allied Arts CityCard). Tom & Jerry's always has great specials so feel free to ask about them or check out their website. The ambiance is also very nice and romantic and on weekends features live music. Definitely not for the crowd who likes to eat with it so loud you can't hear people at your own table. Good place to take the wife or girlfriend!

Tom and Jerry's

2. Default Re: Tom and Jerry's

I have heard a lot about Tom and Jerry's and live nearby, but I haven't been yet. Thanks for the info and the recommendation. I hope to try it out soon.

3. Default Re: Tom and Jerry's

Looks like the place to be for Valentine's Day...
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: Tom and Jerry's

I used to go to Tom & Jerry's a lot... and I stopped going because the food was inconsistent and unfortunately, one of their "good" servers got too arrogant.

Is this part of the national chain Tom and Jerry's?

Dismayed,

No, Tom & Jerry's is a local independent restaurant. They are part of the anti-chain movement, LOL.

Thread Information