Good news for News 9! Looks like my Sunday School teacher (Kelly Ogle) has something to brag about tomorrow.

-----------
"KWTV clinches top berth in November sweeps

By Mel Bracht
The Oklahoman

Aided by a strong lead-in from CBS programming, KWTV NEWS 9 had the top-rated 10 p.m. newscast during the November sweeps ratings period that ended Wednesday.
Led by its three "CSI" programs, CBS claimed a sweeps victory among viewers in the prized 18-49 age demographic for the first time since 1980. The network's lineup then included "The Waltons," "Dallas" and "M*A*S*H."

KWTV NEWS 9, with an anchor team of Kelly Ogle and Amy McRee, meteorologist Gary England and sports director Dean Blevins, averaged a 17.0 rating at 10 p.m. weeknights, a 12 percent increase over last November, according to Nielsen Media Research ratings supplied by KWTV. KFOR-4 was second at 16.1, and KOCO-5 was third at 8.6. KOKH-25 earned a 3.7 for its 9 p.m. newscast.

KWTV, which last won the 10 p.m. sweeps period in May 2003, also was first at 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

"CBS' lead-in was definitely a positive factor for us," KWTV news director Blaise Labbe said. "But the one thing we noticed is that we continued to grow the number from the lead-in throughout the (ratings) book."

KWTV and KFOR both emphasized feature reports on the University of Oklahoma football program.

Labbe, who joined KWTV almost two years ago, said he believed viewers appreciate his station's approach.

"The one thing I've noticed about this market is that it was about flashy teasers to get you into the newscast," he said. "The one thing I prided myself on my newsroom is that we do stories that are relevant to our community and to our viewers."

KFOR won all other weekday time slots. At 5 p.m., KFOR was first at 11.0, followed by KOCO at 9.4 and KWTV at 7.4. At 6 p.m., KFOR had a 11.4 rating, followed by KWTV at 9.9 and KOCO at 9.8. "