Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dirtwork on I-40 & Cornwell - SW corner of NW 10th & Cornwell

Default Dirtwork on I-40 & Cornwell - SW corner of NW 10th & Cornwell

Anyone know what is going on at the SW corner of NW 10th and Cornwell? This piece of land has been for sale by ODOT for awhile. There is dirt being moved around. May just be a setup for the I-40 road construction, but seems like it is too far North on a hill for that. I'm sure it's a Costco or In and Out Burger, maybe IKEA.

Default Re: Dirtwork on I-40 & Cornwell - SW corner of NW 10th & Cornwell

I'm just guessing, since it's been a while since I looked at the plans for that job, but I believe it's the new Aldi out there maybe?

Aldi is going in at 10th and Garth Brooks.

Looks like they are leveling the land. Definitely looks like they are going to put something there. Any ideas yet?

No idea. It's not a huge area though.

Anyone know if anything is going in here? They are bringing in tons of dirt to build this land up. It's on a huge slope. The Department of Transportation for sale sign is gone also. They've been working on leveling it out for quite a while.

I heard Yukon is getting a Hobby Lobby, not sure if this might be it.

is this where the Gold's Gym is going in?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I heard Yukon is getting a Hobby Lobby, not sure if this might be it.
    The Yukon paper is reporting a Hobby Lobby is going in south of the hospital.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    The Yukon paper is reporting a Hobby Lobby is going in south of the hospital.
    In the shopping center where Target is?

I don't know, but I expect next to pets-mart where JC Penny was suppose to go.

Wow! That's shocking! The spot is in the Target shopping center. Hopefully, this will kickstart some other businesses to come in, and maybe even fill in that pathetic lifestyle center with the crappy movie theater!! I think the spot I originally referred to in the thread may just be left over dirt from the I-40 project. That would be the perfect spot to put it since ODOT is trying to sell that piece of land. There was no way anything could've been built there without that dirt fill in. I'm hoping there are plans for something to go there, and maybe part of the sale was that the dirt would be built up. If I remember right, I think the Gold's Gym is going in around the movie theater. I'm not 100% sure though. It's too bad the Aldi couldn't have been built on the Yukon side of the road rather than OKC. Nothing against OKC of course!!

Hobby Lobby will be 2 doors down from PetsMart. Civil plans indicate Big Lots will be in between PetsMart and the new Hobby Lobby.

The NW10th and Cornwell site is just being built up with the extra dirt from the I-40 renovation. I dont believe the property has been sold yet or any plans in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    Hobby Lobby will be 2 doors down from PetsMart. Civil plans indicate Big Lots will be in between PetsMart and the new Hobby Lobby.

The NW10th and Cornwell site is just being built up with the extra dirt from the I-40 renovation. I dont believe the property has been sold yet or any plans in place.
    Wow, any idea why they are moving Big Lots? Do you have any other information about upcoming businesses? Thanks for clearing up the question about the site on 10th and Cornwell!

Not sure on Big Lots. I saw them on the plans at one time but thats all the info I have.

FOr some reason the Crest Foods rumor continues surface (as late as yesterday). I know Crest approached Yukon a couple years back but wanted ~$1MM from the city in order to pull the trigger and they refused. Maybe they are back negotiating again.

There is also a rumor that OKC is willing to anex 110 acres just South of 10th street between Garth Brooks and Cornwell (currently a wheat field) for a large soccer/sports complex for the city of Yukon.

There is also a rumor that OKC is willing to anex 110 acres just South of 10th street between Garth Brooks and Cornwell (currently a wheat field) for a large soccer/sports complex for the city of Yukon.
    Annex or De-annex ?

OKC would be giving the land to Yukon (only requirement would be no residental development on it).

Why would they need to give the land to Yukon? Why can't they just build there anyways. Not like it won't have a Yukon address anyways.

Everything on the south side of NW 10th is actually OKC, not Yukon.

Everything on the south side of NW 10th is actually OKC, not Yukon.
    Correct, but it has a Yukon address.

Please tell me you don't mean the one directly south of the movie theater? I hope it's the one that's currently for sale behind Domino, or the other one that is a little further east across from those industrial buildings on 10th.

Given how many times they have tried to build a new large soccer/sports complex over the last decade or two I doubt this will pass the voters, not sure why they think it would pass south of Yukon when they repeatedly failed to get it built near Main & highway 4 which is much closer to the voters as it is and could become central to the city, as at this point it can only grow north of the built area

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Given how many times they have tried to build a new large soccer/sports complex over the last decade or two I doubt this will pass the voters, not sure why they think it would pass south of Yukon when they repeatedly failed to get it built near Main & highway 4 which is much closer to the voters as it is and could become central to the city, as at this point it can only grow north of the built area
    Two words....Grayson Bottom. He loves to find and spend $$. One of the main reasons the ~$20 rainy day fund was spent on new police crusiers, city hall remodel and other upgrades.

It is the property directly 'behind' Domino Express or just to the east and also south of the movie theater. Its a wheat field currently.

Unrelated...the contractor on the 36,000 sf Gold's Gym Express mobilized this week. Dirt will move soon on the north side of NW 10th just east of the movie theater.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChris7 View Post
    Wow! That's shocking! The spot is in the Target shopping center. Hopefully, this will kickstart some other businesses to come in, and maybe even fill in that pathetic lifestyle center with the crappy movie theater!! I think the spot I originally referred to in the thread may just be left over dirt from the I-40 project. That would be the perfect spot to put it since ODOT is trying to sell that piece of land. There was no way anything could've been built there without that dirt fill in. I'm hoping there are plans for something to go there, and maybe part of the sale was that the dirt would be built up. If I remember right, I think the Gold's Gym is going in around the movie theater. I'm not 100% sure though. It's too bad the Aldi couldn't have been built on the Yukon side of the road rather than OKC. Nothing against OKC of course!!
    I was at the Petsmart in Yukon last night and they have put up a dirt barrier around the empty lot between the Petsmart and the Hospital. Forgot to ask Petsmart folk what was going in.

Thread Information