Widgets Magazine

Thread: Image size

Exclamation Image size

I know someone posted the secret to making the images larger but I can't find that thread now. When I upload, I get it where it says "ATTACH" and then becomes a thumbnail. What's the trick to making it larger? Thanks!

2. Default Re: Image size

The image will need to be hosted on a server somewhere before you can display the large image and even then it will only be as wide as the thread allows unless the image width is smaller. (Your desktop is not a hosted server)

Place the URL of the image between these two bb codes for image [IMG][/IMG]

If you attach it, you are literally uploading it to the OKCTalk forums, and a small thumbnail will be displayed.

Default Re: Image size

You can insert a full image even with the attach option. 1) Attach it as normal:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rock Island Plow Building - Current.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	9961

2) Preview the post so you can see it, 3) left click to get the full size popup, 4) right click and copy the URL of it (in Chrome this is 'Copy image URL', other browsers will probably have a menu option with a slightly different name), and 5) insert the image again but this time make sure you use your copied URL and unclick the 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally' option:

At this point you can delete the [ ATTACH=CONFIG ]XXXX[ /ATTACH ] code from your post if you want to and the site will just tag it on below your content.

The secret here is that as soon as the forum has your image upload, it is available for display just like any other image on the web as long as you know the URL.

4. Default Re: Image size

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    You can insert a full image even with the attach option. 1) Attach it as normal:

2) Preview the post so you can see it, 3) left click to get the full size popup, 4) right click and copy the URL of it (in Chrome this is 'Copy image URL', other browsers will probably have a menu option with a slightly different name), and 5) insert the image again but this time make sure you use your copied URL and unclick the 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally' option:

At this point you can delete the [ ATTACH=CONFIG ]XXXX[ /ATTACH ] code from your post if you want to and the site will just tag it on below your content.

The secret here is that as soon as the forum has your image upload, it is available for display just like any other image on the web as long as you know the URL.
    I didn't know this. Thanks!

5. Default Re: Image size

Just trying to save Pete some bandwidth

Just so you know, we have plenty of bandwidth.

We got to a point that we out-grew our relatively basic hosting and I had to pop for a ton more capacity. So, I really encourage people to upload here, it's just best if you limit your image width to no more than 1,000 pixels wide, as the site won't display any more and it just causes very slow loading.

At some point, we may do things differently but for now I've set the limits for any individual pretty high in terms of the amount of data they can upload.

Thanks to all for the questions, answers and concern.

And thank you Pete for a place to get wide in.

Thread Information