Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Shannon passes away

Default Mark Shannon passes away

What a shame, didnt think it would be this soon..

NEWSRADIO 1000 KTOK-AM

Default Re: Mark Shannon passes away

Rip

God Bless, Shamster.
    You have led many down a new path of open eyes.
    We have lost one good American.

good riddance to that arrogant egotistical prick.

Default Mark Shannon RIP

Just received an email stating that Mark Shannon (local radio personality) passed away this morning.

May he rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    So classy

Even though you don't like or agree with someone or their views, is that a reason to be a rude and obnoxious bonehead.

Sounds like you share the same traits then...

Default Re: Mark Shannon RIP

I enjoyed listening to Mark on KRXO back in High School but never caught his act afterwards.
    I know he has become a lighting rod lately and I'm sure there will plenty of interesting things said about him now that he is gone.
    Try to have a little respect people. Thanks for the good times Mark!

Holy crap! God DOES work in mysterious ways!

All I can say is, I hope God has mercy on him.

He said he wanted to pistol-whip the mayor.

I also recently heard he praised Timothy McVeighs actions in 1995.

Boy is he in trouble.

Mark Shannon said more times than I can remember that he was good with his Lord. He irritated as many people as he initiated into action. Free speech is OK in our country. He had the platform to air his thoughts and if you didn't want to listen, you switched the channel. If he's as bad a person as a lot of people think, then he'll be in the same line as our current president in hell, with whom he so disagreed with on nearly every issue.

Good luck, Lee Matthews. Those are big shoes to fill.

Guys. Stop it. This is neither the time nor the place.

Rest in peace Mark, it was an honor meeting you last year.

14. Default Re: Mark Shannon passes away

Wow. I am shocked at the some of the comments here. Really. It makes me realize there are one too many very immature people on this board.

SkyWest is absolutely right. Now is NOT the time.

Mark's last words were written like his own goodbye. I think he knew the end was coming: markshannon.com

RIP

I wasn't a fan of his but I hope he has peace now and am thankful that he no longer is suffering from the disease which claimed him. No one should have to suffer through what he went through the past few years health wise.

I think it's the right time for a discussion about the guy. People are entitled to their opinions about him. Personally, I didn't care for him or his views. With that said, I hope he's resting comfortably. Also, one couldn't possibly start this thread and not expect the negative comments that are sure to follow. The guy was a lightning rod for controversy and not all Oklahomans agreed with, or liked him. Just my opinion.

I agree, may he rest in peace and find a better existence where he is now than he did on this earth.

I've met him and found him personally rude and insulting. I disagreed with the manner in which he portrayed his position on some issues, although I will never disagree with anyones right to express their opinion. These were what I knew of him from my standpoint in life, but those things are past.

I know one thing. We will all die someday and death, and what goes beyond is personal. Many hold differing beliefs about what lies after death. Some believe there is nothing. But no one should hold ill will or take this opportunity to express feelings of retribution because his life on earth has ended, as will all of ours.

What may be sadder than Mark Shannon's passing is that some would use this instance to demonstrate what may be among the worst trait of humanity... hate.

I would like to think we can do better.

Not to let my previous statement sound harsh...I wasn't.
    I listened to Mark everyday for years.
    You hardly said, "well, that's a good point, but...".
    He had an opinion. You either liked it or didn't.
    I will miss him in the afternoons.
    He now continues his journey pain free.

And to the post: "good riddance to that arrogant egotistical pr**k.", if the day comes that I can attend your funeral, I will use your line verbatim.

I, too, thought we were better than this.

I think Mark knew he would be subject to comments like these after his passing.

He knew he put himself out there and was fair game just as the people he commented against.

My limited time I got to interact with him while interning at KRXO was positive. I found him to be a very nice and genuine guy. Maybe at some point during his career/illness his personal demeanor changed for the worse, but Ill remember the nice guy that was willing to share his experiences with a young kid getting started in broadcasting.

20. Default Re: Mark Shannon passes away

He was an unethical public figure who used his show to spread bigotry, which I guess he felt there was a demand for in OKC. No doubt about it.

But I hope that he had a good life, a positive family life, and things in his life besides his show that gave him joy. Everyone deserves joy and everyone deserves to RIP. Nobody deserves to have "God works in mysterious ways" written about them after passing.

Best of luck to Shannon, and you can't help but feel for the family..(if there was one)

I choose to remember him from the Shannon and Spinozi days.

Bottom line: If you're a public person, and a controversial one at that, then you should expect all different kinds of comments aimed at you - even in death.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. NEXT! LOL

I respected the guy because he had the guts to speak his mind. He did not hide his views behind a screen name or in the back of his mind.

If you hate someone so much that you rejoice their death, you are the one with the problem. You need to grow up and stop giving people's opinions so much weight in your world. You need to realize that not everyone sees the world the same way you do.

Life is too short to walk around pi**ed at the world. Every time you listened to Mark or read his blog you could have chosen to listen to something else or went to another website.

If you’re going to take in politics have the stomach to deal with it or go do something else. Don't hate a person because they disagree with you and say things that make your skin crawl.

Bottom-line being happy about someone's death is just wrong. In fact embracing such an idea will just bring nothing but bad luck your way.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Even though you don't like or agree with someone or their views, is that a reason to be a rude and obnoxious bonehead.
    whatever, dont be hypocritical just cause he passed away. theres a thread about him on this site where many of us were taking cracks at him one right after the other. if i really need to, ill find that thread im referring to and show it to you, who knows, you may even have a negative post about him that you may have forgotten about it.

aha...FOUND IT! ...hmmm..guess we all forgot about this little thread, go ahead, take a gander at it.

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-are...hip-mayor.html

oh and by the way mr. rcjunkie..it just so happens that on this little thread i accessed here,..on the 8th of december in the year of 2009 on post number 47..you yourself are calling him an "egotistical jerk". hmmm...did i bite my remark right off of you? anyways...like i said, dont be hypocritical, especially to the point you attack someone else like me when youre guilty of the same crime.

also read what soonerguru wrote on posts 91 and 93.

bluedogok has a nice comment,..post 96.

okcmetal...post 125

soonerdm...128

sweetandsourpoke...140

theres a ton of negative posts about him on this thread. i could go on, but you get the idea. bottom line, dont be a hypocrit. if youre gonna make a statement, dont reverse yourself in a few months just to jump on a more popular bandwagon.

I switched the channel and only once looked at his website. That was enough.

Nonetheless, my heart goes out to any family who has lost a loved one.

Thread Information