Widgets Magazine

Thread: Hawthorn Addition

Default Hawthorn Addition

Is anyone familiar with the Hawthorn Addition in the Village? It is a garden home development by Johnston Builders. I'm thinking of buying a home there, but am not familiar with Johnston Builders, just wondered what their reputation was, and if anyone had an opinion on the addition. Cute little houses, no yard work.

Default Re: Hawthorn Addition

A friend of mine, a home energy consultant, did a lot of work on these homes. He loves them. He said they are very well done... for what that's worth. His company name is Enersolv.

We have one of his homes in a different development and are generally pleased.

I think the addition is sound. One could easily walk to library, YMCA, post office, Casady, perhaps church. Crossings is building a clinic I believe just south of the library. One concern is drainage along east side of development but it is probably ok. The driveway situation for some homes could be odd.

Quote Originally Posted by jdcf View Post
    We have one of his homes in a different development and are generally pleased.

I think the addition is sound. One could easily walk to library, YMCA, post office, Casady, perhaps church. Crossings is building a clinic I believe just south of the library. One concern is drainage along east side of development but it is probably ok. The driveway situation for some homes could be odd.
    Yes, some of the houses are set up in groups of 4 that share a driveway, but I'm looking at a lot that would not have a shared driveway. I believe all the houses in Phase II will have separate driveways.

Thanks for the responses. I have a few months to think about it, I'm putting my house on the market in a couple of months.

Thread Information