Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tecumseh & Hwy 77

Default Tecumseh & Hwy 77

Does anybody know whats going on the corner of Tecumseh and Hwy 77? I am not talking about north of that location, I know that is where the new Cleveland County Jail is going to be. I am talking right on the corner of 77 and Tecumseh on the east side of 77, they have been clearing dirt, but no signage so far of whats being built?

Default Re: Tecumseh & Hwy 77

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Does anybody know whats going on the corner of Tecumseh and Hwy 77? I am not talking about north of that location, I know that is where the new Cleveland County Jail is going to be. I am talking right on the corner of 77 and Tecumseh on the east side of 77, they have been clearing dirt, but no signage so far of whats being built?
    New apartments. This was on the City Council agenda on Tuesday, was very heated at times with some wanting this area to remain zoned commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    New apartments. This was on the City Council agenda on Tuesday, was very heated at times with some wanting this area to remain zoned commercial.
    Apartments? I agree, this is not an ideal location for an apartment complex, should be zoned for industrial actually!

The double E's Efficiencys and escapees,yaaaaaah!count me out!

Apartments? What an odd choice for an apartment complex, at least at the present.

Then again, depending on the price point, and depending on whether the office complexes ever get built at UNP, it would be a convenient place to work & shop and provide easy access to movies and dining to the north.

6. Default Re: Tecumseh & Hwy 77

Well I would think if you are going to escape from jail, you might try to get farther away from it than across the street. lol

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Well I would think if you are going to escape from jail, you might try to get farther away from it than across the street. lol
    well I'm guessing those escapees would have a better shot of getting away with a vehicle,there would be many of those in an apartment complex,especially if one is across The street!LOL!

FWIW, the apt. site would be a mile from the new jail site.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Thats far enough away then!

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    Thats far enough away then!
    Yeah, couple of churches between the two, A votech to the east of the jail, Johnson and a by the week motel to the north. All in all, there will be lots of cars closer to the new jail than the rides belonging to the apartment residents.

Yeah, couple of churches between the two, A votech to the east of the jail, Johnson and a by the week motel to the north. All in all, there will be lots of cars closer to the new jail than the rides belonging to the apartment residents.
    Yeah, I just kinda jumped to that conclusion,1 mile is far enough!but those are the sorts of questions that are raised when jails are built anywhere.

12. Default Re: Tecumseh & Hwy 77

I believe the zoning change the council approved was the one for the Connally Family parcel that is to the east of what the OP is talking about. About 120 acres from the tracks east to 12th Ave. NW and fronting Tecumseh Road. It is single family residential project plus some apartments.

I'm not sure what the big deal is about apartments being near the jail. There are all kinds of housing much nearer the current jail and I've never heard of that causing any kinds of problems.

Thread Information