Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SaraSara Cupcakes Grand Opening!

Default SaraSara Cupcakes Grand Opening!

Just got this email:

SaraSara Cupcakes is opening next Tuesday, November 25 for Thanksgiving orders. Please check out our website at Sara Sara Cupcakes, gourmet cupcakes in Oklahoma City

Our Grand Opening will be Saturday, December 13 from 5-9 pm

Default Re: SaraSara Cupcakes Grand Opening!

wow, 110 views and no responses?

Chicken In The Rough Guest

Go, Sara!

I'm glad to see this in this part of town. I'm not so sure about the bacon, egg, and cheese cupcake, however.

I thought I responded, must have forgotten to push post. I'm excited. I love the fact that they saved an old house, and it's great to see some development in that area. And, I love cupcakes, so I can hardly wait for their opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken In The Rough View Post
    Go, Sara!

I'm glad to see this in this part of town. I'm not so sure about the bacon, egg, and cheese cupcake, however.
    I can't wait to try that one.

yeah... the b.e.c. cupcake piqued my interest, too... will have to check them out.

-M

on a sidenote, I have already tried the chocolate cake with whipped peanut butter frosting and chopped peanuts, didn't care much for the cupcake, it was very dense and dry, the frosting was great though. I will definitely be there to try some new ones next week when they open.

FIrst off, let me say I'm really excited about this place. It's a great thing the owner is doing. But how in the world can someone make a decent living off selling cupcakes? Wouldn't you have to sell tons and tons of them?

At $36/dozen, I doubt I'll be going there often.

WOW! some of you guys will complain about anything.

11. Default Re: SaraSara Cupcakes Grand Opening!

Metro, no offense, but if I were opening a new restaurant, I'd do everything possible to keep you out for the first six months. You are a tough critic.

Cupcakes are EVIL. At those prices, are they of the Starbucks/evil size variety? Or are they the more normal cupcake size variety? I might be willing to splurge occasionally if they're the larger version.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeZula View Post
    At $36/dozen, I doubt I'll be going there often.
    I might be able to understand those prices if they are all organic, but their website doesn't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Metro, no offense, but if I were opening a new restaurant, I'd do everything possible to keep you out for the first six months. You are a tough critic.
    ha, not really, look how many good reviews I've given in the food court compared to bad reviews., I think you just hang onto my tough reviews moreso. FYI, if the Oklahoman needs a food critic to have a REAL food section in the paper, I'm you're guy. I'm just not afraid to express my honest opinion instead of being polite and lying like some people. after all, they call them food critics for a reason. I call them like I see/experience them. I still plan on being at SaraSara on Monday even though the cupcake I had was subpar, the frosting was top notch, so hopefully they will be fresher right out of the bakery than when I had one. I'm willing to bet I have more good food reviews in the food court than any other poster.

Quote Originally Posted by jsibelius View Post
    Cupcakes are EVIL. At those prices, are they of the Starbucks/evil size variety? Or are they the more normal cupcake size variety? I might be willing to splurge occasionally if they're the larger version.
    It's about average for the gourmet cupcake trend that has swept the nation the last few years, and trust me, once you try one from a good cupcake boutique, you will know they are worth it. This isn't $1.99 a box Betty Crocker, these places use fine ingredients, often artisan or organic; let's hope SaraSara lives up to the challenge, I love the fact it is local and not a national chain.

16. Default Re: SaraSara Cupcakes Grand Opening!

Metro, I know your heart is definitely in the right place - I'm just aware that a lot of restaurants have rough openings and shouldn't always be judged on what goes wrong the first few weeks. On the other hand, you and I have both visited places where you know from day one the place is doomed (Othellos and Al Eschback's in Bricktown are two glaring examples). That having been said, I admit I'm looking forward to your review of Market C

17. Default Re: SaraSara Cupcakes Grand Opening!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    LOL. I agree.

Those flavors look every bit worth 3.25 a cupcake.. hope they are as good as my mind envisions..

[QUOTE=metro;184834]ha, not really, look how many good reviews I've given in the food court compared to bad reviews.,/QUOTE]

Metro, speaking of reviews, where's the one you were gonna post about the Market C or whatever that market is called that's right by Cheevers.

mecarr, just for you I will post a Market C review today! I still have yet to review for other places like OPUS, Gaiijin Sushi, etc.

I'm not far from the place and will be giving it a try today and report back soon.

[QUOTE=mecarr;184920]
    Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    ha, not really, look how many good reviews I've given in the food court compared to bad reviews.,/QUOTE]

Metro, speaking of reviews, where's the one you were gonna post about the Market C or whatever that market is called that's right by Cheevers.
    Metro, since you are so busy, would you like me to write your Market-C review? I've got all day.

It's done folks, check out my review in the food court!

Took this last week, my review is in the food court.

Does anyone know what the hours are going to be once it opens full time?

Thread Information