Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long-time poster Kevin Pate has passed

Default Long-time poster Kevin Pate has passed

Sadly, I just learned that Kevin Pate recently passed.

Kevin had been on OKCTalk for years and was one of the really good guys... Always polite and respectful while at the same time being a great advocate for all things related to Oklahoma City.

In addition to this tremendous loss, his family is struggling financially and has set up a Go Fund Me account to help defray some of the medical costs.

Please consider helping them out.

Kevin will be greatly missed here on OKCTalk.

https://www.gofundme.com/kevin-pate-medical-fund

Default Re: Long-time poster Kevin Pate has passed

Very, very sad news. He was one of my favorite posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Sadly, I just learned that Kevin Pate recently passed.

Kevin had been on OKCTalk for years and was one of the really good guys... Always polite and respectful while at the same time being a great advocate for all things related to Oklahoma City.

In addition to this tremendous loss, his family is struggling financially and has set up a Go Fund Me account to help defray some of the medical costs.

Please consider helping them out.

Kevin will be greatly missed here on OKCTalk.

https://www.gofundme.com/kevin-pate-medical-fund
    I will miss kevin as I always enjoyed his wit, wisdom, and insights

Oh my goodness! Although I never met Kevin in person, it seems as though I knew him. He was always a kind, fair and pleasant poster here. Presumably that would translate into how he dealt with others in real life as well. Thoughts and prayers to his loved ones.

Truly saddened by this. I'm sort of at a loss of words, but like others have said he was one of the good ones on here, always positive and had a sense of humor.

Very sobering as life can change in an instant.

Kevin was only 56.

7. Default Re: Long-time poster Kevin Pate has passed

Very sad to hear this. He was one of the very good ones on here.

Respect to Kevin. Much thanks for his past contributions, he will indeed be missed. We are the poorer for the loss. My condolences to his loved ones.

I was so stunned to see the notice. Very sad; Kevin was one of the truly class acts here on OKCTalk. Prayers to his family.

10. Default Re: Long-time poster Kevin Pate has passed

Sad to hear this... Kevin was one of a handful of people that post here that I would always click on a thread just to see what he had to say even if it wasn't a thread I was interested in.

Very sad to hear this news.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Sad to hear this... Kevin was one of a handful of people that post here that I would always click on a thread just to see what he had to say even if it wasn't a thread I was interested in.
    Likewise.

As many have said, this is very sad news. I enjoyed Kevin's posts and perspective on things and will miss him being a part of our community.

He was one of my favorites, always referred to his wife as the 'Lovely'. I have a lot of respect for him as such a family man. RIP Kevin

14. Default Re: Long-time poster Kevin Pate has passed

Wow I haven't been here long but have seen Kevin around here for the whole time. Rest in peace Kevin and my family is praying for yours.

man, that's sad... never met him in person but he always seemed like a real stand-up guy.

I concur with what everyone else has said. I just read through a bunch of his old posts, and he seemed to be a thoughtful, open-minded, and kind poster. If you come across that way on an online forum then you were probably a pretty good person. Rest in peace.

Wow! I just read this and am very saddend. Kevin aleays came across a a great guy on this forum and I am glad to be one of the "folk" that was part of some of his discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Yep.

The internet doesn't need less people like Kevin Pate, it needs more people like him. Lots and lots more.

Given that the internet brings out the worst in us, and here was KP at his worst, I can't imagine he was anything less than a stellar human being in his day to day life.

This is very sad.

Damnit. The best thing I can say about Kevin is I wish people would feel the same about me when i'm gone. He was always so classy and always had a word of wisdom.

Very sad indeed. All my best to his friends and family. As everyone else has said he was always so positive and classy and a real asset and breath of fresh air.

Blog Entries

Kevin didn't waste words. He would give you a straight answer from a legal standpoint. We're going to miss his expertise on the OKCTalk Forum.

Comfort to his family:

“You will lose someone you can’t live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp.”
    – Anne Lamott

Rest in Peace Kevin, you were the greatest!

Kevin’s wife, Cindy, writes: “Our family would like to invite our family, friends, and anyone who ever knew my husband or felt his influence to his memorial service Sunday evening, 6:00 at Truth Church, 1201 W. Boyd, 73069”

Has Pete or anyone else shared this thread with his family? They might like to see so many posters had kind things to say about him.

25. Default Re: Long-time poster Kevin Pate has passed

Very sorry to hear this. Kevin would often send me private messages and emails regarding various matters. Always liked his sense of humor and character. He will be missed.

Thread Information