Widgets Magazine

Thread: Del City Elementary

Default Del City Elementary

I am posting this because the school is trying to hide this from all the parents that have kids who attend Del City Elementary. There was a 5th grade student who brought a gun to the school and was planning on using it on another student. The principal didn't call the cops. She didn't put the school on lock down and she did not inform any of the parents. Some of the kids told their parents and we are trying to inform all the parents what is going on at Del City Elementary. We all need to get together and do something about this. At first they were saying that it was only a rumor. The school is trying to hide the fact that this happened.

Default Re: Del City Elementary

I would like to hear more about this incident. 475-9100

Have you informed or talked to the Mid-Del Administration?

I know of several parents, including myself, that have called the Principal and the Board of Education and we are all getting the run around.

5. Default Re: Del City Elementary

I would like to hear more about this incident. 475-9100
    Hey, that number comes back to FOX25 when Googled. Did you call?

No, I didn't call because I didn't know who it was but Fox was out at the school today so they already know about it.

To the person from Fox, my purpose of getting out what happened is because I feel that everyone needs to know what is going on in Del City Elementary. I seen you at the school today and I didn't go up to you because I don't want to be on the news for fear of the school taking out anything I say on my kid. I will say that there is alot of rumors going around and at this point all we really know is that the boy and a gun and he was threatning a student. As for the school and the Board of Education, the story changes depending on who you talk to. Today, while you were there the school kept the kids in the class passed the time school ended to hand out a letter stating what happened. At least their version and I'm sure it won't be the truth. However, we ended up not getting the letter and they said we would get it tomorrow.

7. Default Re: Del City Elementary

how do you know this is all true my child has no idea or even came home to tell me about this

8. Default Re: Del City Elementary

well i dont know where you heard all this but this is rediculous what kind of principle would do that and bring all her kids to that sort of danger. She didnt get her job cause she doesnt know what is going on in her school there are most likly some things that you as parents dont know and have no business knowing so just let the lady do what she gets paid to do and let the principle take care of what is going on .

For all we know this could be a vicious rumor that spun out of control because someone was eavesdropping. If there was a serious threat, police would have been contacted. The police and the school district would have released a statement to let the public know everything was being handled appropriately.

We all know grade school kids are prone to stretching the truth from time to time. People in general exaggerate the facts when they tell a story. A little exaggeration keeps people's attention.

This reminds me of the gossip game in grade school. The teacher whispered in the first kids ear and each student took a turn passing it on until it hit the last kid. The teacher said "OU will beat Texas this weekend" The last student always said something completely out of left field ie: "Eat Christmas Cookies with the Easter Bunny".

Update:

I seen the story on Fox 25, it sounds like the school is keeping thier mouth shut (which is what any responisble administration would do) until they know all the facts. It was kind of funny watching all the moms acting like chicken little. "OH THE HUMANITY THERE IS A RUMOR THAT SOMEONE MAY HAVE BROUGHT A GUN TO SCHOOL." The school stated the student does not even attend school threre anymore. Del City Police are investigating. Safety measures are in place. In other words chill out, there is no threat.

10. Default Re: Del City Elementary

Plus, there are cameras in the halls in Mid-Del. So if they thought he had one, they could have checked the videos. My bet is that it's a rumor that got out of control. If the principal didn't call the police on that event, they would be fired at least and face legal trouble at most. My advice, don't believe everything that comes through the grapevine.

And a personal annoyance....don't use seen incorrectly...argh! You "saw" it on Fox, not "seen". That one always gets my hair on end!

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    And a personal annoyance....don't use seen incorrectly...argh! You "saw" it on Fox, not "seen". That one always gets my hair on end!

Since we are discussing hair, I might as well mention that I cannot stand people that split hairs on a discussion board. If you were so concerned about proper grammar, you would not be using contractions.

Now, do the rest of us a favor and put away your grammar police badge. I know your third grade English teacher would be impressed with your ability to identify grammatical errors. The rest of us are not impressed.

Now that we have both had fun, we should return to the topic of the discussion.

12. Default Re: Del City Elementary

Wow, so we should accept poor grammar on a public board that shows that our citizentry does not (not the split words there for bacon) know how to properly use words in a discusion related to education.

Or in other words, bug off and don't tell me what not to write about.

Thread Information