Widgets Magazine

Thread: Lots of Bull Dozers South of I-240 between Air Depot and Midwest Blvd

Default Lots of Bull Dozers South of I-240 between Air Depot and Midwest Blvd

I drive on the South side of Tinker on a regular basis and have recently noticed multiple bull dozers moving dirt on the South side of I-240 East of Air Depot but West of Midwest Blvd. I kept thinking they were burying a utility line or something but now you can see they are building a road that goes parallel to I-240 and then goes off toward the South as it approaches Air Depot.

I was just curious if anyone has any idea what they are building there.

Default Re: Lots of Bull Dozers South of I-240 between Air Depot and Midwest Blvd

Ha ha. After looking at the OKC plan 2000 to 2020, that area shows to be a conservation area. Now I am beginning to think it may just be an I-240 service road from the last exit at Air Depot to Draper lake at Midwest Blvd. As far as the mystery tower, no one wants it more than me but to say that I am skeptical, that is an understatement. When they said it was going to be 1400 feet tall, I was brought back to the claim that Crossroads had been bought to become an outlet store. That conversation degenerated into zombies. I hope it is true.

Default Re: Lots of Bull Dozers South of I-240 between Air Depot and Midwest Blvd

Quote Originally Posted by plmccordj View Post
    I drive on the South side of Tinker on a regular basis and have recently noticed multiple bull dozers moving dirt on the South side of I-240 East of Air Depot but West of Midwest Blvd. I kept thinking they were burying a utility line or something but now you can see they are building a road that goes parallel to I-240 and then goes off toward the South as it approaches Air Depot.

I was just curious if anyone has any idea what they are building there.
    That may be the Tinker-Draper Trail (part of the system of walking, running, bicycling and skating trails), which is under construction now, I do not know where the final path ended up being so could be wrong on that. It would be about one street lane wide if so.

I bet you are right Snowman.

Thanks

http://www.okc.gov/agendapub/cache/2...2084735854.PDF
    You might have to copy and paste.

Quote Originally Posted by grandshoemaster View Post
    Unfortunately the city's website tends to drop items out of the server's cache after like ten minutes if you link directly to an agenda item pdf.

There's a new walking/bicycle path now in that area along I-240 E on the south side that's between Air Depot and Midwest Blvd.

Thread Information