Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New OnCue to Kelly Avenue and 33rd Street

Default New OnCue to Kelly Avenue and 33rd Street

OnCue store approved by Planning Commission
    James Coburn
    The Edmond Sun

EDMOND — The Edmond Planning Commission agreed 3-0 this week to the site plan and preliminary plat for an OnCue Convenience Store. A sign variance was included in the agreement.

Plans are for the brick-veneer convenience store to be located on the northwest corner of Kelly Avenue and 33rd Street. Light industrial zoning is currently in place there, said Bob Schiermeyer, city attorney.

“The (City) Council did pass an ordinance to allow electronic signs based on some other standards, but this wouldn’t meet that because it’s too tall and too big in area,” Schiermeyer said.

One of the ground signs would be 20-feet tall and 72.04 square feet per side, according to the plan. A second sign would be 22.46-feet tall with a logo and electronic messaging with price changes.

“At this particular location on Kelly here, you’re allowed to have a 6-foot tall, 42-square-foot sign,” Schiermeyer said. “You can have two signs that are 300 feet apart and this one is over 300 feet away.”

Randel Shadid, representing OnCue, pointed out that there is a 30-foot-tall Shell to the south of the property in Oklahoma City limits.

OnCue is planning for a 6,650-square-foot building with 40 parking spaces in a 92,399-square-foot lot. Bicycle parking is provided in the plan. The property does not have a sensitive border and meets landscape and lighting requirements.

Two drives on Kelly and two on 33rd Street will be shared with future development, Schiermeyer said. OnCue plans to extend the median on Kelly farther south to preserve traffic flow.

- See more at: OnCue store approved by Planning Commission » Local News » The Edmond Sun

Default Re: New OnCue to Kelly Avenue and 33rd Street

Nice! This one's on my way to work! It sounds like OnCue is ramping up the war on bad convenience stores (aka OKC 7-eleven's).

Need one somewhere north of Danforth, there is nothing out there unless you go all the way to Waterloo.

I'm extremely excited about this. I live right near there, and my choice is the 7-11 at Santa Fe (which is out of the way into the city) or the Shell at that corner, which tends to have higher gas prices. I hit the on-cue on Broadway when I can, so this will be VERY convenient for me. Especially on my way home, since I turn left onto 33rd from Kelly, and you can't pull onto 33rd from the Shell.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    Need one somewhere north of Danforth, there is nothing out there unless you go all the way to Waterloo.
    So true. And the only option at Danforth are the 7-11s on Santa Fe and Kelly. Covell and Kelly would be ideal I think. It's already building up, and they just did re-did that intersection. There is a lot of traffic through there.

I wouldn't be unhappy to have more options on 15th street from Boulevard out to I-35. When I am on my way out of town from W. Edmond my best place to stop is 7-eleven at 15th & Boulevard, which needs to be bulldozed. You risk a wreck every time you turn into that parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    I wouldn't be unhappy to have more options on 15th street from Boulevard out to I-35. When I am on my way out of town from W. Edmond my best place to stop is 7-eleven at 15th & Boulevard, which needs to be bulldozed. You risk a wreck every time you turn into that parking lot.
    That parking lot is a nightmare. That's why I skip that 7-11 and gas up at the big station in front of the Wal-Mart on I-35 when heading out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    That parking lot is a nightmare. That's why I skip that 7-11 and gas up at the big station in front of the Wal-Mart on I-35 when heading out that way.
    Nearly every parking lot in Edmond is a nightmare lol

I bet that with all the traffic headed south on Kelly to get on I-235 in the mornings and back in the evenings that this location will do quite well. Love the new OnCue at Western and Memorial! Now I'll have one to the east AND the west of my house. Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Nearly every parking lot in Edmond is a nightmare lol
    We shouldn't insult other parking lots in Edmond by comparing them with the 7-Eleven @ Blvd & 15th. That thing is atrocious. I'm pretty sure that location was built before 7-eleven carried gas. They added gas pumps to a lot that wasn't big enough for them.

IIRC, they were a few spots south, and moved to that corner to add gas at some point, when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    IIRC, they were a few spots south, and moved to that corner to add gas at some point, when I was a kid.
    Hmm I don't recall that. I thought I remembered about the time they started adding gas, but at that point I didn't live near that area (or drive). I was closer to the 7-Eleven at Ayers & University when they added pumps.

Recent photo from metro:

Whoa, when was that photo taken? Looks like you got my car ???

^

Thanks for the photos, Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Thanks for the photos, Hollywood.
    No problem, had some time to kill while cruising around today.

Pumps are in and interior displays and accent lighting are going and illuminated.

Beer truck was there this morning dropping off inventory, too much income sitting there now so I'd assume it would be open any day now.

Maybe after they open this one, people in OKC will stop getting so excited about new gas stations.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Maybe after they open this one, people in OKC will stop getting so excited about new gas stations.
    When I lived in Broken Arrow, there was a Quik Trip with in 2 miles in each direction, 2 within 2 miles to the the north. Here in the middle of Edmond I can drive 6 miles from I-35 to my house and not pass a single gas station. So, I'll still be excited for new ones, especially On Cues or hopefully some day QTs.

It's understandable.

This location opened today:

Thread Information