Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Somehow defying logic and physics all at once. Good for the airport. I was wrong. But more routes will eventually be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Somehow defying logic and physics all at once. Good for the airport. I was wrong. But more routes will eventually be needed.
    I see more frequency and/or larger aircraft vs many new routes. SFO should be the #1 priority for United along with resuming IAD (all hubs covered except EWR). Delta could resume DTW (all hubs covered). AA could resume PHL (all hubs covered). I'd like to see Southwest add a California nonstop or resume BWI but I don't see that happening with their current issues. Maybe Frontier can add a leisure route like SAN and, eventually, CUN.

With delta taking American's spot in Austin, wouldn't be surprised to see an OKC-AUS route at some point.

American screwed up their entire year and the CCO departed, wouldn't imagine we see any route movement there till 2025

4. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Airplane equipment upgrades and frequencies aside, when was the last true new route announced? Nashville with SWA?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Airplane equipment upgrades and frequencies aside, when was the last true new route announced? Nashville with SWA?
    Been over a year. I wish Breeze would have been successful here. They add routes all the time from their cities.

6. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Been over a year. I wish Breeze would have been successful here. They add routes all the time from their cities.
    they also cancel routes all the time too. hard to push the pay button on a flight if you don't know if it will be there in a few months.

that being said, I don't know if there is room here for a true third low budget carrier. Breeze seems to do well in cities with not a whole lot of competition. We don't have a ton here (frontier and allegiant), but we have all the legacy carriers. Besides Spirit, I just can't see start ups or carriers like Breeze having a whole lot of success.

they also cancel routes all the time too. hard to push the pay button on a flight if you don't know if it will be there in a few months.

that being said, I don't know if there is room here for a true third low budget carrier. Breeze seems to do well in cities with not a whole lot of competition. We don't have a ton here (frontier and allegiant), but we have all the legacy carriers. Besides Spirit, I just can't see start ups or carriers like Breeze having a whole lot of success.
    That's fair. I hope Allegiant eventually adds some more routes here. They seem to be somewhat successful at their niche. More flights to the coasts would be great.

Still wondering why Allegiant is ending their seasonal OKC/TUL-VPS route in August this year vs October last year. I don’t see that route ever being year-round but April-October should do well with that area’s popularity with people in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    What the heck is going on with Southwest? Pilot training seems to be lacking as this is the second low altitude incident involving landing approaches this year. The other one was near Hawaii.

11. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    What the heck is going on with Southwest? Pilot training seems to be lacking as this is the second low altitude incident involving landing approaches this year. The other one was near Hawaii.
    I'm wondering if the OKC one might have been a GPS issue. If you backup the approach for 13, the flight path seems to line up pretty well for the published GPS approach procedure.

Maybe I missed it but is Allegiant no longer having direct flights to Vegas as Aug. Can't book anything past Aug 8th

13. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Maybe I missed it but is Allegiant no longer having direct flights to Vegas as Aug. Can't book anything past Aug 8th
    Not only Las Vegas, but seems like Orlando and Destin flights too after Aug 11th. I'd like to think I'm pretty in turn with additional/cancelation of routes and I can't find anything anywhere about the flights going away. Maybe a new schedule is being finalized?

Not only Las Vegas, but seems like Orlando and Destin flights too after Aug 11th. I'd like to think I'm pretty in turn with additional/cancelation of routes and I can't find anything anywhere about the flights going away. Maybe a new schedule is being finalized?
    I think those flights have always been seasonal. I went to Destin last October and tried to go through Allegiant but the route ended in August like it will this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dheinz44 View Post
    I think those flights have always been seasonal. I went to Destin last October and tried to go through Allegiant but the route ended in August like it will this year.
    Yet XNA still has Destin flights through October, along with nonstops to BNA, FLL and AZA that OKC/TUL don't have. XNA must be a better market for them (high income growth area and lack of Southwest probably doesn't hurt either).

Hopefully they aren't losing faith in the OKC market.

17. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

As far as I know the Vegas flights have never been seasonal

I was looking at flying Allegiant from Tulsa and it seems like they have severely pulled back from TUL as well. I think with the shortage of pilots and planes these days, airlines are cutting back on routes that aren't routinely full.

Here's a recent article that cites a few route cuts due to delays in getting new planes:
    https://www.wrex.com/news/allegiant-...4983386e4.html

Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
    I was looking at flying Allegiant from Tulsa and it seems like they have severely pulled back from TUL as well. I think with the shortage of pilots and planes these days, airlines are cutting back on routes that aren't routinely full.

Here's a recent article that cites a few route cuts due to delays in getting new planes:
    https://www.wrex.com/news/allegiant-...4983386e4.html
    Yeah I flew Allegiant to Destin last Labor Day weekend and was planning on doing it again this year but they end OKC/TUL-VPS in August instead of October like last year.

20. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

"Seasonal break"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240710_083351_Gmail.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	607.0 KB 
ID:	19007

"Seasonal break"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240710_083351_Gmail.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	607.0 KB 
ID:	19007
    Interesting. They are still flying their normal fall/winter schedule from TUL to LAS, SFB and LAX but ended VPS and PIE two months earlier than they did last year (those usually come back in time for spring break in March)

June is out, another solid month of growth.

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

Thread Information