Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

The May 2024 report is out. Growth across the board save for Allegiant. Delta, Frontier, Southwest and United leading the way this time:

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...%20REVISED.pdf

2024 is on track to do better than 2023. Love to see it. And I believe the new customs facility is under construction as well.

2. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CPin405 View Post
    The May 2024 report is out. Growth across the board save for Allegiant. Delta, Frontier, Southwest and United leading the way this time:

2024 is on track to do better than 2023. Love to see it. And I believe the new customs facility is under construction as well.
    And all this growth with no new routes of late. Impressive.

Somehow defying logic and physics all at once. Good for the airport. I was wrong. But more routes will eventually be needed.

4. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Allegiant needs to do better marketing in this town.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Somehow defying logic and physics all at once. Good for the airport. I was wrong. But more routes will eventually be needed.
    I see more frequency and/or larger aircraft vs many new routes. SFO should be the #1 priority for United along with resuming IAD (all hubs covered except EWR). Delta could resume DTW (all hubs covered). AA could resume PHL (all hubs covered). I'd like to see Southwest add a California nonstop or resume BWI but I don't see that happening with their current issues. Maybe Frontier can add a leisure route like SAN and, eventually, CUN.

With delta taking American's spot in Austin, wouldn't be surprised to see an OKC-AUS route at some point.

American screwed up their entire year and the CCO departed, wouldn't imagine we see any route movement there till 2025

7. Post Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

>4.8 million pax with current trends, which would beat the 2019 record by a bit.

If we can get CIS up and running + an at least weekly international flight or two, we can start to see some connecting pax as well (not a lot, but still more than currently, which is minimal).

Also can't wait for the rebrand to Oklahoma City Will Rogers International Airport and the new, functioning website hopefully also this year. Exciting times!.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

8. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Airplane equipment upgrades and frequencies aside, when was the last true new route announced? Nashville with SWA?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Airplane equipment upgrades and frequencies aside, when was the last true new route announced? Nashville with SWA?
    Been over a year. I wish Breeze would have been successful here. They add routes all the time from their cities.

10. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Been over a year. I wish Breeze would have been successful here. They add routes all the time from their cities.
    they also cancel routes all the time too. hard to push the pay button on a flight if you don't know if it will be there in a few months.

that being said, I don't know if there is room here for a true third low budget carrier. Breeze seems to do well in cities with not a whole lot of competition. We don't have a ton here (frontier and allegiant), but we have all the legacy carriers. Besides Spirit, I just can't see start ups or carriers like Breeze having a whole lot of success.

they also cancel routes all the time too. hard to push the pay button on a flight if you don't know if it will be there in a few months.

that being said, I don't know if there is room here for a true third low budget carrier. Breeze seems to do well in cities with not a whole lot of competition. We don't have a ton here (frontier and allegiant), but we have all the legacy carriers. Besides Spirit, I just can't see start ups or carriers like Breeze having a whole lot of success.
    That's fair. I hope Allegiant eventually adds some more routes here. They seem to be somewhat successful at their niche. More flights to the coasts would be great.

Still wondering why Allegiant is ending their seasonal OKC/TUL-VPS route in August this year vs October last year. I don’t see that route ever being year-round but April-October should do well with that area’s popularity with people in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    And all this growth with no new routes of late. Impressive.
    And no new covered parking for over a decade. Getting hard to park with a roof there. I wish they'd at least put the covers over the garage roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    What the heck is going on with Southwest? Pilot training seems to be lacking as this is the second low altitude incident involving landing approaches this year. The other one was near Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    And no new covered parking for over a decade. Getting hard to park with a roof there. I wish they'd at least put the covers over the garage roof.
    they are getting ready to build another garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Public transit to the airport would be nice

18. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    What the heck is going on with Southwest? Pilot training seems to be lacking as this is the second low altitude incident involving landing approaches this year. The other one was near Hawaii.
    I'm wondering if the OKC one might have been a GPS issue. If you backup the approach for 13, the flight path seems to line up pretty well for the published GPS approach procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by okcrun View Post
    Public transit to the airport would be nice
    Can you expand on how this would work?

I've had flights at 5AM and arrived after 11 PM, I hate spending $40-50 on an Uber or Airport Shuttle, but the airport schedule seems to be too varied to be rely on a service like Embark that runs only during certain hours of the weekday and weekend.

I would support a light rail/monorail service that ran from the airport to airport hotel district, on Meridian over to State Fair Park, and meet up with the street car in downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Can you expand on how this would work?

I've had flights at 5AM and arrived after 11 PM, I hate spending $40-50 on an Uber or Airport Shuttle, but the airport schedule seems to be too varied to be rely on a service like Embark that runs only during certain hours of the weekday and weekend.

I would support a light rail/monorail service that ran from the airport to airport hotel district, on Meridian over to State Fair Park, and meet up with the street car in downtown.
    If doing rail it seems way more realistic cost wise to add a spur off the existing line along Newcastle road, which could use existing rail route all the way to the downtown train station, even if need to make additional upgrades. Unfortunately there is not a lot clear musts for stops along the way, the Wheeler District might be one of the more plausible, since they might be willing to build and maintain their own station, but I am not sure if any of the other sizable areas have a large HOA that might do similar for their neighborhood.

Though if the city were not willing to do something with a bus line, which it seems kind of hard to see much other than an express bus from the Airport to the downtown bus hub making much sense. It seems doubtful they are going to be investing the kind of money to do it with rail.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    they are getting ready to build another garage
    According to someone in airport operations, the garage is being pushed back another couple of years.

Maybe I missed it but is Allegiant no longer having direct flights to Vegas as Aug. Can't book anything past Aug 8th

Quote Originally Posted by W8N2SKI View Post
    According to someone in airport operations, the garage is being pushed back another couple of years.
    dang .. that is a bummer

24. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Maybe I missed it but is Allegiant no longer having direct flights to Vegas as Aug. Can't book anything past Aug 8th
    Not only Las Vegas, but seems like Orlando and Destin flights too after Aug 11th. I'd like to think I'm pretty in turn with additional/cancelation of routes and I can't find anything anywhere about the flights going away. Maybe a new schedule is being finalized?

Not only Las Vegas, but seems like Orlando and Destin flights too after Aug 11th. I'd like to think I'm pretty in turn with additional/cancelation of routes and I can't find anything anywhere about the flights going away. Maybe a new schedule is being finalized?
    I think those flights have always been seasonal. I went to Destin last October and tried to go through Allegiant but the route ended in August like it will this year.

Thread Information