Widgets Magazine
Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 44950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1395

Thread: Chisholm Creek

Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They've done a quality job thus far and have brought a lot of new things to OKC.

I wouldn't judge this project yet. They still have ambitious plans.
    Okay, maybe I’m not seeing what everyone else is seeing. This project was always planned to have a basic cookie cutter strip mall component which has been built and further they have a mixed use component surrounding around a small “urban village.” This was always the plan, no? Plus a proposed amphitheater. I know it’s all conceptual but I think a lot of people are rushing to judgement. So far it looks like a very successful development with more ambitious projects to be built.

Other than being extremely irritated with the bar stools at Bandees I’ve rather enjoyed this development and it’s my usual go to I just wish there was something like it in Edmond.

PS, I’d gladly give up the urban village if they could land an IKEA or Nebraska Furniture.

IKEA or Crate & Barrell - Nebraska Furniture Mart would be repetitive of existing stores we have already. imo. I wonder if Chef Rasmey picked the CC location with knowledge of near future developments. Hmmm

I still think Alamo Draft House would be a great catch for CC.

Would love an IKEA

Quote Originally Posted by caaokc View Post
    Would love an IKEA
    It shouldn’t be too far of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    I still think Alamo Draft House would be a great catch for CC.
    Would be a great get. They’re very selective about the markets the open in. Right demographics(cool factor), high enough population with in 20 miles. They released a statement that they were going to open up here years ago. I guess they instead went with Omaha which boggles my mind and by all appearances decided to abandon our market.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It shouldn’t be too far of a stretch.
    They were rumored a few years ago that they were looking at OKC. No update since

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Would be a great get. They’re very selective about the markets the open in. Right demographics(cool factor), high enough population with in 20 miles. They released a statement that they were going to open up here years ago. I guess they instead went with Omaha which boggles my mind and by all appearances decided to abandon our market.
    They never announced anything; we reported they were looking at the market, which they were.

Then the pandemic hit and they were decimated financially and had to file for bankruptcy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-05-24 103833.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	18046

I'm not sure if this is a new image or not, but it was my first time seeing it from this angle.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update...05750372354%29

^

That shows the proposed hotel at the south end of the lake.

I should have more hard information on that soon:

Hotel looks a way different design than I would have expected

12. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

I suspect it's more of a placeholder design than anything.

Sometimes I forget how big this project actually is. This might be another decade in the making.

They have been working hard behind the scenes.

Should have some new announcements soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    Sometimes I forget how big this project actually is. This might be another decade in the making.
    I posted about this in the Resonant Head thread so may as well crosspost it here where it's actually on topic...I think that this would be an excellent location if anyone ever wanted to take a shot at building an OKC equivalent to Toyota Music Factory (Dallas) or 713 Music Hall (Houston). Definitely think that there's a market for this as the only comparable venue in the area is the Zoo Amphitheatre which is aging and heavily underutilized (not to mention the difficulties of hosting shows at a large outdoor venue in a city with such variable weather).

16. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I posted about this in the Resonant Head thread so may as well crosspost it here where it's actually on topic...I think that this would be an excellent location if anyone ever wanted to take a shot at building an OKC equivalent to Toyota Music Factory (Dallas) or 713 Music Hall (Houston). Definitely think that there's a market for this as the only comparable venue in the area is the Zoo Amphitheatre which is aging and heavily underutilized (not to mention the difficulties of hosting shows at a large outdoor venue in a city with such variable weather).
    Totally agree with you on this. I also thought of The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in the Woodlands, Houston, Texas area. Large venue with outdoor space and a large tent that covers most of the higher priced and close seating.

Chisholm Creek posted on their Instagram that they will be having a Farmers Market starting on July 15th 8am - 1pm on the gravel lot next to Solo's dog park.
    It will continue through October. Held every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Totally agree with you on this. I also thought of The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in the Woodlands, Houston, Texas area. Large venue with outdoor space and a large tent that covers most of the higher priced and close seating.
    The early renderings of CC included an amphitheater. I’d love an equivalent of Toyota Music Factory in Irving or Walmart amp in Arkansas. In the 8k-10k capacity range

Quote Originally Posted by caaokc View Post
    The early renderings of CC included an amphitheater. I’d love an equivalent of Toyota Music Factory in Irving or Walmart amp in Arkansas. In the 8k-10k capacity range
    That would be a huge get if something like Walmart Amp gets put in Chisholm Creek. The area around the Walmart Amp reminds me a lot of a more mature and developed version of Chisholm Creek. It has been a huge success.

Any updates on this? There's been nothing new for a while.

When this area firt starting developing they didn't have any competition. Now they are competing with The Half and OAK. So I am not surprised things have slowed here.

Last spring there was a LinkedIn post last may about a hotel Brand being "announced soon". There's rendering of it in Pete's post on May 24-23.

CC Facebook announced Twenty Pho Hour opening soon
    https://www.twenty-pho-hour.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    CC Facebook announced Twenty Pho Hour opening soon
    https://www.twenty-pho-hour.com/
    this is a great get
    https://guide.michelin.com/us/en/flo...wenty-pho-hour

looks like it is going in where Menchies used to be ..

25. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Menchies is in another location in CC and still open as of last Thursday

Thread Information