Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    That's made me appreciate flying out of Tulsa (at least when it comes to SWA).
    Me too, I use DAL quite a bit. Wish TUL had BNA and ATL, and resume BWI, on Southwest for eastern connections.

Wonder if Southwest would add back OKC and TUL from MCI after their new terminal is finished. That would be a good regional connection and offer additional north and eastward connecting opportunities.

2. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

March Enplanement/Deplanement per gate:

American - 99k - 3 gates - 1 gate per 33k passengers
    Delta - 67k - 3 gates - 1 gate per 22k passengers
    Southwest - 109k - 3 gates - 1 gate per 36k passengers
    United - 24k - 5 gates - 1 gate per 5k passengers

United is pretty laughable right now. They could literally make due with 1 gate depending on schedule. They have 5 gates and only 3 destinations.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Me too, I use DAL quite a bit. Wish TUL had BNA and ATL, and resume BWI, on Southwest for eastern connections.

Wonder if Southwest would add back OKC and TUL from MCI after their new terminal is finished. That would be a good regional connection and offer additional north and eastward connecting opportunities.
    That's the whole reason we lost DAL though. Not enough point to point travelers.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post

United is pretty laughable right now. They could literally make due with 1 gate depending on schedule. They have 5 gates and only 3 destinations.
    I'd almost expect United to shrink down to 3 gates and get moved to the old Delta gates. AA picks up 2 more gates. They seem pretty intent on growing their OKC presence. City can always cut them a pretty sweet deal.

AA adding 2200 pilots for 2023 demand. I would expect okc to see at least a few additional flights/upgraded aircraft as a result, maybe even a new destination.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...&sref=VEjJXJjm

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post

That's nuts! What on earth is happening at UA? Looking at going to Denver in June for a weekend and it looks like UA is down to 4x to DEN, and all on CRJ/ERJ equipment, not a single mainline frequency! Wow. Is it really a pilot shortage or are they just straight giving up on OKC? Man, and to think I actually pondered status matching to UA for a bit.

7. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

almost seems like UA is artificially inflating OKC prices by limiting supply of routes/equipment. They aren't giving up on OKC, as whitnessed by their 5 gate lease but they aren't sending any supply here.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    That's nuts! What on earth is happening at UA? Looking at going to Denver in June for a weekend and it looks like UA is down to 4x to DEN, and all on CRJ/ERJ equipment, not a single mainline frequency! Wow. Is it really a pilot shortage or are they just straight giving up on OKC? Man, and to think I actually pondered status matching to UA for a bit.
    Pre-COVID there were some days with 10x daily service to DEN. UA 5x WN 4x and F9 1x. Now lucky to see 7x daily. Frontier recently cut TUL (supposedly temporarily) so it’s 6x to DEN

9. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

with 5 gates, United could easily do 35+ flights per day out of OKC. Again, makes one wonder why United is hording gates while not using them. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    with 5 gates, United could easily do 35+ flights per day out of OKC. Again, makes one wonder why United is hording gates while not using them. ...
    Because OKC is not holding them accountable, simple as that. Or their gate lease agreements suck, which is, again, OKC's problem.

And it’s not like any of the other airlines are desperate for the gates as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    And it’s not like any of the other airlines are desperate for the gates as far as I can tell.
    Reading through the news airlines are already cutting flights this summer just to ensure reliability. Much less expanding. 2023 will hopefully be different, but with AA, SWA holding strong, and delta adding a few routes. Only United shrinking is a win overall imho

I just booked for June on United. They're running mainline to Houston. I didn't see how many,but I'm on a A320

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Really interested to see how Breeze performs. This would be a great option with the A220 for connecting OKC/TUL to MSY (tried last year before it ended) and CHS, in addition to TPA and now BNA.

Missing Seattle

edit: oops again, saw its breeze and seattle is alaskan

Flying Allegiant to Vegas this Sunday notice the cancelled the flight this past Sunday and the flight about a month ago. Staffing issues?

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Flying Allegiant to Vegas this Sunday notice the cancelled the flight this past Sunday and the flight about a month ago. Staffing issues?
    I am positive it wasn’t weather related. My brother had that flight booked and Allegiant notified him of the cancellation on Friday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by soonergolfer View Post
    I am positive it wasn’t weather related. My brother had that flight booked and Allegiant notified him of the cancellation on Friday morning.
    Yeah weather was nice. Maybe it vegas it was bad. Did he just end up not going than

Flying allegiant this Sunday Maybe . I say maybe cause they been cancelling a lot of flights lately. Again today 4-27 the cancelled OKC-LAX. Last Sunday OKC-LAS got cancelled I saw on the news they are short pilots. Since they only fly out once a day out of OKC I would imagine if flight is cancelled you just don't go or do they try to book you on another airline.

Flying allegiant this Sunday Maybe . I say maybe cause they been cancelling a lot of flights lately. Again today 4-27 the cancelled OKC-LAX. Last Sunday OKC-LAS got cancelled I saw on the news they are short pilots. Since they only fly out once a day out of OKC I would imagine if flight is cancelled you just don't go or do they try to book you on another airline.
    Allegiant has no agreements with other airlines so you are on your own to rebook with someone else.

gotta be. I found a steal from Tul to Orlando for Disney in June and they cancelled it last week.

Bill Gates plane was in okc, then went to Omaha.
    It was the Berkshire annual meeting. Wonder who in okc was picked up

https://twitter.com/GatesJets/status...k52X5i8Dg&s=19

22. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...travel-summer/
    It's unfortunate that OKC doesn't have one-stop access to any of this. It's all operated out of EWR and IAD. United drastic pullback in OKC has detriments.

United will bring service back next year probably. AA having directs to DFW and MIA is huge for international connections

24. Default Re: 2022 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    United will bring service back next year probably. AA having directs to DFW and MIA is huge for international connections
    I hope you're right. And don't get me wrong. I am very happy with AA's service in OKC. Very, very happy. AA is my preferred airline. With the service levels of DFW and its proximity (plus all the non-stops AA has) how could it not be? But I've used EWR and IAD for international connections several times. And we love the SFO non-stop. Maybe it's a chicken and egg situation. I'm not booking an international trip or an SFO trip on UA until they restore acceptable service in OKC. But maybe they aren't bringing back service until Oklahoma Citians book more flights? But why would I book a connecting flight to SFO through DEN on a CRJ-200 when I could connect in DFW on mainline the whole way? So that's exactly what I did this summer. I'm not booking any European flights this summer but if I did I'd fly AA very likely, at least partially because of the superior service between OKC and the hub transfer airport.

I'd rather pull out my toenails than fly AA again. They dumped me off in Dallas after a 3+ hour mechanical delay (couldn't get the cargo door opened) and said the next available flight back to Stillwater was more than 24 hours away. Offered me a $12 food voucher and said they would put me up in a hotel about 10 miles away from the airport (they said they 'didn't do' hotel stays in the DFW airport itself). Rep at the counter said they couldn't fly me into OKC despite having a flight with available seats leaving DFW in about an hour.

Thread Information