Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder!!!

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder!!!

Ah, ignore them. Imagine how much fun they had with the Wizards logo, and I'm sure that died down. There are always people who look for any opportunity to criticize, but they'll move on to something else when they get bored.

I think Clay had his hands tied by a clause in the lawsuit settlement which allowed Seattlites to design the logo.............Seriously though I think it's just poor taste in the ownership group.

I like the graphics and colors in these submissions................

I understand people's disappointment, but in the end, this is about basketball. We have a team. Three and a half years ago I thought we'd never have a team. Orlando got stuck with Magic as a name, Washington has the Wizards, Utah has the Jazz, and so forth. They've all gotten past what must have been disappointments in the name and are supporting their team. I think it's probably time to do the same. There will almost assuredly be new logos forthcoming, as well as new uniforms and new fonts....happens all the time in the NBA. This may end up being a secondary logo. Bottom line: OKC is one of only 30 cities lucky enough to have professional basketball, and that's a pretty amazing thing. Look how far we have come.

I do love the fact that we've got a team...and the name thunder is growing on me, really. Still, I can't help but think of how cool this would've been.

5. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    If you all haven't read the horrible reviews and laughing stock articles about the logo on Yahoo, ESPN, Page 2, etc. Then check out the logo's they are posting on these internationally hot websites:
    It's time to stop being so sensitive. We are Oklahoma City. They HATED that we "stole" the team from a "better" city. Of course they were going to make fun of us, no matter what name and logo we chose. There will always be some way to spin it as lame or parody it or whatever. Just look at that GODAWFUL gallery of submissions to the UniWatch contest. Nobody took it seriously except a few that were local and posted here as well.

Shouldnt this be in the Oklahoma City Thunder forum?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyB View Post
    Shouldnt this be in the Oklahoma City Thunder forum?
    metro???

No they don't. I'm a soldier in the us. army in new york and if you ask anyone about me then they know i'm ALL ABOUT OKLAHOMA. No matter what, even when it comes to those stupid stereotypical cowboy jokes. I represent for mine. I'm not a stupid red neck conservative like most of the state. I love the people I grew up with and used to live around because none of them fit those stereotypes. That's why believe Oklahoma needs to stop being so...."bible beltish". If that makes any sense. I love my city but gosh! Come on! I represent for real but it's the other people from other states that make fun of us. Believe me. My friends from places like...Texas, New York, Arizona, Cali, and even Iowa! Have made fun of this crap. It could stop here if we would just make better decisions. How hard is it to think of a name and logo that is not GAY? Not hard at all. All of us here surely thought of something better than that. Bison or Barons would have been really cool and had a cool logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    metro???

Must be a inside joke?

10. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder!!!

Quote Originally Posted by okcsince1987 View Post
    How hard is it to think of a name and logo that is not GAY? Not hard at all. All of us here surely thought of something better than that. Bison or Barons would have been really cool and had a cool logo.
    So thunder is "bible-beltish" and "backwards" and "hick" but bison would not be? And if we had gone with Barons, do you not think that the rest of the country would be having a field day with the whole Robber Barons thing?

I'm beginning to think no matter what it turned out to be, everybody would have complained.

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder!!!

Yep.

Blog Entries

It is much easier to criticize those who do and their deeds, than to be a doer and to create. That is why there are so many critics.

So thunder is "bible-beltish" and "backwards" and "hick" but bison would not be? And if we had gone with Barons, do you not think that the rest of the country would be having a field day with the whole Robber Barons thing?
    No it's not. Maybe I'm getting off on another subject by accident. Sorry. I'm just a little frustrated. I think that at least you could have a logo with Bison or Barons. Thunder sounds good but what can you do with it? More creativity would've been nice. That's all. All in all I'm happy we have a team but we could've done so much bettter and I think everyone can agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by okcsince1987 View Post
    ...but we could've done so much bettter and I think everyone can agree on that.
    No, not everyone.

Not even close to everyone! I wouldn't want a complex logo that would fit in better in a comic book. This one is clean and professional looking.

17. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder!!!

Quote Originally Posted by okiebadger View Post
    This one is clean and professional looking.
    Good description. Again, I'm not defending it as being excellent. It is very generic and average, but it's not the worst in sports, backward, hick, utter failure or any of the other hyperbole.

Well.....i guess not. LOL.

Okay, so I'm just now finally getting up SOME of my pics I took at the press conference last week. These are from my iPhone, I'll post the ones from my camera later. Enjoy!

Thread Information