Thread: Crimes of the Odd Variety in OKC

Default Re: Crimes of the Odd Variety in OKC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bacon.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	9072

That was certainly newsworthy but I'm not sure I would call it odd. Cars do get hijacked. This one just happened to be a taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    That was certainly newsworthy but I'm not sure I would call it odd. Cars do get hijacked. This one just happened to be a taxi.
    that just seems like an odd car to pick though... A taxi???? I mean if I were going to rob a car it'd be one that would blend in at least until I can a fake plate on it and maybe change some exterior features until I could either have it exported or repainted.... a taxi is not the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    that just seems like an odd car to pick though... A taxi???? I mean if I were going to rob a car it'd be one that would blend in at least until I can a fake plate on it and maybe change some exterior features until I could either have it exported or repainted.... a taxi is not the way to go
    Or not. Would another car have someone who might be carrying a fair amount of cash? I'm not saying the guy was smart but I don't think it was very odd. He wasn't hijacking the car to keep it.

Or not. Would another car have someone who might be carrying a fair amount of cash? I'm not saying the guy was smart but I don't think it was very odd. He wasn't hijacking the car to keep it.
    yeah that's true as well

According to NewsOk... the brand of mayonnaise has not been released

Arrested man tells police he was washing hair in fountain with mayonnaise | News OK

My lovely tells me mayo would be nourishing to the hair. Considering I won't let that mess anywhere near my belly, I doubt my hair will ever know either.

OK, plupan, I'll give you that one as being odd. LOL

Or . . . maybe . . . an UberTaxi? =)
    (it might have been worse . . . it could have been a bus . . . . . . . . . .

I'm sure I would be both outraged and amazed (not to mention astounded) if it was a rickshaw or pedicab . . . that would be too much like work. like, for no reason. =)

In any case, it does remain [a] "Crimes of the Odd Variety in OKC". =)
    ('n newzwurthy2)

I think the perp would be exactly the right candidate for the first experimental space flight to Mars . . . yet one has to be old enough to remember Sputnik and The First Space Test Monkey to put the suggestion into perspective . . . There is no "racism" involved in that observation/suggestion. I remember Alan Shepard and actually met Scott Carpenter when they were encapsulated and shot into space. Actually after that.

this isn't in OKC, but is odd, in the sense that odds of this happening are slim. It certainly didn't happen to me which sucks. this kid is one luck sob

Two teachers accused of having a threesome with a student | KFOR.com

this isn't in OKC, but is odd, in the sense that odds of this happening are slim. It certainly didn't happen to me which sucks. this kid is one luck sob

Two teachers accused of having a threesome with a student | KFOR.com
    EDIT: I completely forgot I posted this and didn't even look to see who posted it, just responded. I caught the posters name right as I replied and found out, it was indeed me, who posted this particular post and as such, there is no reason for me to reply to myself as I already knew what it was that I knew, and that is the fact I wish this happened to me in school. I know that, and I know it even more now.

Original reply: I wish that would've happened to me in high-school. **no longer valid**

ching ching ching

A woman is accused of threatening a man with a pocket knife after he held a door open for her to enter a store and made a sarcastic remark, Oklahoma City police reported.

Phayrella Hines, 30, was arrested on a complaint of aggravated assault and battery with a deadly weapon, police said. She was being held Friday at the Oklahoma County jail.

Shortly after 9 a.m. Tuesday, police responded to a reported assault in a parking lot outside a Family Dollar store at 1400 S Pennsylvania Ave. Officers found Hines swinging a knife and making jabbing motions toward a man, according to the police report.

The man said he held the door open for Hines as they were walking into the business. Once they were inside, the man said sarcastically, “you’re welcome.”

Hines turned toward the man, pulled out a pocket knife and started threatening the man with the knife, police reported.

Woman pulls knife on man after he holds door open for her, Oklahoma City police report | News OK

Magic words, "Please, Thank You, and You're Welcome". I don't expect it when I open or hold a door for anybody (ladies or gentlemen) but I love to hear it and say "You're welcome". Now that I am older and ride a scooter a lot, I get the opportunity to say thank you, or thanks fairly often.
    C. T.
    p.s. I never say "No Problem".

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Magic words, "Please, Thank You, and You're Welcome". I don't expect it when I open or hold a door for anybody (ladies or gentlemen) but I love to hear it and say "You're welcome". Now that I am older and ride a scooter a lot, I get the opportunity to say thank you, or thanks fairly often.
    C. T.
    p.s. I never say "No Problem".
    I was raised and have raised my kids to always say "Please, Thank you, Yes sir/ma'am, No sir/ma'am". But I'll admit that "No problem" is so much a part of my vocabulary that my family and even extended family makes light of it.
    As far as the incident above, I'll admit I've had the urge to make the same sarcastic remark under the same circumstances.

20. Default Re: Crimes of the Odd Variety in OKC

In honor of the cold weather odd variety crimes and because Midwest City is such a classy place......

Some guy caught this on video the other day while driving down the street in MWC.

*Warning, brief nudity (that may haunt you forever!).....

EDIT: I completely forgot I posted this and didn't even look to see who posted it, just responded. I caught the posters name right as I replied and found out, it was indeed me, who posted this particular post and as such, there is no reason for me to reply to myself as I already knew what it was that I knew, and that is the fact I wish this happened to me in school. I know that, and I know it even more now.

Original reply: I wish that would've happened to me in high-school. **no longer valid**
    Nice backstroke.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    In honor of the cold weather odd variety crimes and because Midwest City is such a classy place......

Some guy caught this on video the other day while driving down the street in MWC.

*Warning, brief nudity (that may haunt you forever!).....

Yep. That will be my ambien fueled nightmare tonight. Good tolerance to cold though.

I wonder if the wife was injured?

Thread Information