Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Shannon wants to pistol whip the Mayor

Default Re: Mark Shannon wants to pistol whip the Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by RedDirt717 View Post
    Yah, "Pistol whipping" and burning down houses is hilarious. Top of the line comedy there...

ohhh,watch out. you might get what youre after!

YouTube - Talking Heads "Burning Down the House"

Default Re: Markkk Shannon wants to pistol whip the Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by evh5150 View Post
    one of many reasons why my stereo dial has always been set to KATT and never KJ103. I set it to the KATT and ripped the knob off and have been happy ever since.
    KATT? really?

You'd think that the average KATT listener has the ability to hook up an MP3 player or XM/Sirius player and bypass all the corporate-hand-fed music you're limited to with KATT

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Someone on one of the posting's said "it's probably because he's dying, and he's just speaking his mind". well, I took care of my step dad for 2 plus years while he battled cancer, and I promise none of the medicines or treatments he took/received turned him into an egotistical jerk.
    He's been one of those for a very, very long time, it has nothing to do with meds.

I "met" him a couple of times at in-stores where I worked 25 years ago, that was enough to keep me from listening to him.

Woohoo! Bye, bye thread!

On the drive home today he was promising to throw himself off of the top of 50 Penn Place tomorrow if MAPS passed tonight. Can't imagine the whining that's going to go on tomorrow.

Hopefully he's a man of his word.

7. Default Re: Mark Shannon wants to pistol whip the Mayor

Kind of like when the UN threatened to leave NYC and the UN Ambassador said something like, "If you choose to do that, then I will be the first to stand on the shore of the Hudson and bid you a fond farewell." Maybe Shannon will leave OKC along with the union trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post
    On the drive home today he was promising to throw himself off of the top of 50 Penn Place tomorrow if MAPS passed tonight. Can't imagine the whining that's going to go on tomorrow.
    He does seem a bit unstable. So did he jump?

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Kind of like when the UN threatened to leave NYC and the UN Ambassador said something like, "If you choose to do that, then I will be the first to stand on the shore of the Hudson and bid you a fond farewell." Maybe Shannon will leave OKC along with the union trolls.
    Isn't the UN on the East River?

10. Default Re: Mark Shannon wants to pistol whip the Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Isn't the UN on the East River?
    MY MISTAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post

Anyone up for another watch party!!!!!!!!!

Well, his police and fire buddies will be there to stop him wont they.
    Cant loose a valuable assett

Cold

In a freakin hilarious sort of way, but cold all the same

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post

Probably not, his daily over top the ranting, raving and constant name calling more than likely sent a few voters to the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    I dunno... when police and fire want their own tax hike, I wonder whether Shannon supports them or not.

I'm guessing not.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I dunno... when police and fire want their own tax hike, I wonder whether Shannon supports them or not.

I'm guessing not.
    That's what I'm thinking. As I said earlier, "politics makes for strange bedfellows". Now that the election is over, any new tax for police and firemen is a tax hike, which is anathema to him.

A quarter cent more for police and fire would still keep our taxes at a reasonable level, and I'd be all for that, but he may well not be.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    A quarter cent more for police and fire would still keep our taxes at a reasonable level, and I'd be all for that, but he may well not be.
    If a 1 cent sales tax extension for MAPs is projected to raiseat 100 million, then a 1/4 cent sales tax is roughly 25 mil.

Is there an actual need for a 25mil annual funding boost for public safety?
    Perhaps there is, but perhaps not.

18. Default Re: Mark Shannon wants to pistol whip the Mayor

There is already 1/8 or 1/4 cent sales tax dedicated to Police and Fire. That was instituted 15 or 20 years ago (possibly more).

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    There is already 1/8 or 1/4 cent sales tax dedicated to Police and Fire. That was instituted 15 or 20 years ago (possibly more).
    mugofbeer, there is 3/4 of a cent dedicated to P & F with each getting 1/2 it was voted in 6/20/1989

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    If a 1 cent sales tax extension for MAPs is projected to raiseat 100 million, then a 1/4 cent sales tax is roughly 25 mil.

Is there an actual need for a 25mil annual funding boost for public safety?
    Perhaps there is, but perhaps not.
    Kevinpate, I believe if there were an additional 1/4 of a cent increase to the 3/4 making it a full penny, that the additional 1/4 cent should be dedicated and earmarked as capital project funding. That would free up the entire 3/4 of a cent for staffing which would be enough to fund not only the staffing levels mandated by the ordinance/ballot but possibly a few more if needed, but not many. Plus by D & E for capital there would not be a need for future G.O. Bond money. It's not that P & F get a huge portion of bond money but still. Between the 1.1 billion combined 2000, and 2007 bond deals Fire got 21 million, don't know about Police.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post

I'm guessing not.
    Mid, right now Police and Fire are more concerned with just getting what the current tax calls for and what you are paying for, than they are getting an increase.

Quote Originally Posted by andy157 View Post
    Mid, right now Police and Fire are more concerned with just getting what the current tax calls for and what you are paying for, than they are getting an increase.
    I hear ya. It'd be interesting to know the City Manager's actual reason for not fully funding the city's obligations. Obviously something needs to be done. I'm sure that these vacation cuts and forced overtime issues are really putting some serious strain on the families of police and firefighters. Hopefully y'all can get whatever needs to be worked out taken care of in arbitration...

Today Mark Shannon told Istook" I am going to grab my guns, and storm channel 4 and go crazy"!! Istook tried to talk him down, but later Markkk Shannon said " Iwasn't listening to a word he said'!! How will all this end?? Markkk Shannon threatens arson and terrorrism in our own state. I have contacted just about every authority figure I know. from our own DA to the secret service. How can this man be stopped before tragedy.?? How can a person get away with such threats??

Quote Originally Posted by OkcMetal View Post
    Today Mark Shannon told Istook" I am going to grab my guns, and storm channel 4 and go crazy"!! Istook tried to talk him down, but later Markkk Shannon said " Iwasn't listening to a word he said'!! How will all this end?? Markkk Shannon threatens arson and terrorrism in our own state. I have contacted just about every authority figure I know. from our own DA to the secret service. How can this man be stopped before tragedy.?? How can a person get away with such threats??
    On a very serious note, the guy is dying which makes him capable of almost anything. Which is actually horrifying.

Meh.. the guy is on all kinds of painkiller right now. It's perfectly okay to say crazy. It's not okay to do crazy. Shannon is an entertainer through and through, and he's just playing to his audience.

Thread Information