Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dutch Bros. Coffee

Default Re: Dutch Bros. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Is this what they are putting in next to Freddy’s on Penn?
    https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=46300

Went by the Yukon store this morning and cars were lined up forever.

New Dutch Bros. coming to 7416 S. Western.

This is the NE corner of Western and I-240, on the site of a convenience store, just south of Burger King.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

This is the NE corner of Western and I-240, on the site of a convenience store, just south of Burger King.
    That c-store is a dump but is always busy. Be a nice change. They just built a scooters coffee on western about a 1/2 miles south of this location. My cigar store is right between the two and the car count in this area of Western is crazy so both should do well

5. Default Re: Dutch Bros. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    They probably get tips too.
    We got tips at Stella Nova, but it only averaged out to about $2hr per person. People don't tip as much as you think at coffee places. Stella at least pays their café employees better, I think it was all starting $11/hr or more.

@ 15th and Broadway/Edmond location -- the old Circle K gas station building now has the Midwest Wrecking orange paint initials on the front indicating a razing is coming soon.

7. Default Re: Dutch Bros. Coffee

Norman's opens on the 14th.

Blog Entries

a coffee shop that generates long car lines onto the street should be great for the traffic at 15/Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    a coffee shop that generates long car lines onto the street should be great for the traffic at 15/Broadway
    That area is pretty big and the Dutch bros building footprint is small so hopefully that can be avoided.

23rd St. one is still an empty lot with the "For Lease" sign on it, so I looked it up on the County Assessor's site. It's owned by Mohr Penn OKC LLC, not Dutch Bros as their other locations are, so I doubt one's going in there, bummer...

^

Dutch Bros. doesn't own their locations; they typically lease in a build-to-suit arrangement with the property owner.

That was to be the case at this 23rd Street site and the company that bought the land (Mohr Partners) is the group that filed the building permits on behalf of Dutch Bros.

I did see the 'for lease' sign on the property and there hasn't been any progress since the building permits were filed back in November, so the deal may have fallen apart.

^

Dutch Bros. doesn't own their locations; they typically lease in a build-to-suit arrangement with the property owner.

That was to be the case at this 23rd Street site and the company that bought the land (Mohr Partners) is the group that filed the building permits on behalf of Dutch Bros.

I did see the 'for lease' sign on the property and there hasn't been any progress since the building permits were filed back in November, so the deal may have fallen apart.
    Yep, I was in a hurry and didn't notice that the "Dutch Bros" on the assessor's page was a personal record for 300 S MacArthur, and the property is actually owned by somebody else, my bad. Guess Classen Coffee keeps getting our business...

Dutch Bros. planning another location on the NE corner of NW 58th and May on the site of Armando's.

*Finally* another coffee shop on May between Grand and 36th.

Of all the coffee joints Dutch Bros is my favorite. They have a great variety and their cups are bigger and prices cheaper than the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    @ 15th and Broadway/Edmond location -- the old Circle K gas station building now has the Midwest Wrecking orange paint initials on the front indicating a razing is coming soon.
    The old circle K is now gone and the lot is down to bare dirt.

Construction is underway at the Broadway and 15th location in Edmond. Moving along pretty quickly,

Site work has started for this location.

19. Default Re: Dutch Bros. Coffee

Norman's has stayed pretty busy even with Stella Nova across the street staying busy as well.

The only one that looks empty a lot is the Scooters. With Dunkin opening on Main in Norman as well I don't know how long Scooters will go.

Site work has started for this location.

INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center alone will keep that place in business.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Norman's has stayed pretty busy even with Stella Nova across the street staying busy as well.

The only one that looks empty a lot is the Scooters. With Dunkin opening on Main in Norman as well I don't know how long Scooters will go.
    Scooters is the worst one of all of them.

Dutch Brothers is a solid contender. They have started their expansion into DFW. They just opened a location in Addison and it super crazy busy! Great coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Dutch Brothers is a solid contender. They have started their expansion into DFW. They just opened a location in Addison and it super crazy busy! Great coffee!
    The Oregon/Pacific Northwest coffee chain I enjoyed the most (Black Rock) when I lived in Portland has also been expanding into the DFW market recently. There was a Dutch a few hundred feet away from the apartments I lived in so I would go there almost daily as I could easily walk to it and their coffee/rebels are pretty reliable if you know what you like.

On the topic of BR, from a brief conversation I’ve had with someone that would be familiar, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were in the Oklahoma City market in a couple of years. I know that doesn’t mean much to anyone else but it’d be one of the cooler things (for me) to expand here.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post

Noticed they even had someone in the median twirling a sign this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Scooters is the worst one of all of them.
    Agreed, we tried it once and it was barely OK. We don't do Dunkin or Stella Nova much (Classen Coffee is our go-to, and we're guessing Summer Moon will be another go-to once we've tried them), but Scooters is definitely not very good compared to almost anybody else.

Thread Information