Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Costco Email Response Re: Oklahoma City

1. Default Re: Costco Email Response Re: Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok
    We just had a second Costco open up in June here in South Austin, a mile away from a Sams. . . .
    Great news for Austin bluddogok. I guess that helps to offset some of the more progressive business developments there.

I've never been inside a Costco anywhere and am only one-third of the way through the roll of plastic wrap that I bought at Sam's in 1997, so I haven't been back lately. I used to buy a few things at Sam's, but at my age now, I just can't push those flat-bed trucks around that they use for grocery carts. Besides, what would I do with fifty bananas or a 35 pound lasagna.

I have been getting along fine without going into a Sams or Walmart for quite a while now and hope that for whatever reasons, Costco stays away from OKC. Perhaps they just don't want to duke it out with Sam and Wally. I just see no practical use for any store whose floor space is measured in acres, but I'm sure I'm in a tiny minority on that.

Perhaps the specialty grocery store issue will help to bring a little reform to our out-of-touch liquor regulations. If that happens, look for Sams to begin offering kegs of Coors Lite and 55 gallon drums of Ripple.
    The Old Downtown Guy

It will take decades for Oklahoma City's
    downtown core to regain its lost gritty,
    dynamic urban character, but it's exciting
    to observe and participate in the transformation.

2. Default Re: Costco Email Response Re: Oklahoma City

They have Costcos all over the Midwest... my sister just built a house on a steep hill in Sioux City, IA, and there's a new Costco about a mile down the road in an older, dilapidated area.

IS that the quality of demographics that look for? That is just stupid to me.

Why do we want Costco anywho? We got SuperTargets opening everywhere...

Default Re: Costco Email Response Re: Oklahoma City

Yeah, why do we need costco? As far as oversized stores and clubs I think we're taken care of. I guess it's the "store that isn't in our area is always the best and we're missing out on it" mentality. If we did get costco it'd be news for about a day and then we'd get bored with it because it's like everything else - just a big box store. Just because we don't have it and other large urban areas do doesn't mean it's great or we're missing out. Heck, we don't have a Nobody Beats The Wiz and I don't see anyone crying about that. And let me tell ya, you don't want one.

4. Thumbs down Re: Costco Email Response Re: Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by traxx
    Yeah, why do we need costco? As far as oversized stores and clubs I think we're taken care of. I guess it's the "store that isn't in our area is always the best and we're missing out on it" mentality. If we did get costco it'd be news for about a day and then we'd get bored with it because it's like everything else - just a big box store. Just because we don't have it and other large urban areas do doesn't mean it's great or we're missing out. Heck, we don't have a Nobody Beats The Wiz and I don't see anyone crying about that. And let me tell ya, you don't want one.
    I 2econd that!!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information