Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blockbuster Video

1. Default Re: Blockbuster Video

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Given how few people use that why would that make them a terrible company, many complain about the phone company or others when they bundle in things to charge you more. As long as they are up front about it, it is at worst bad PR for not making them available to the minority of people that do need or want them. It is not like the case in the government or companies that receive public funding that have to adherer to 508 compliance.
    I can't understand your post. Can you rephrase, please?

Default Re: Blockbuster Video

Most people do not watch closed captioning or sub titles, so for many it is a waste to be paying for it, if a company decides that feature is not worth the price to pay then charge less to customers that does not make them a terrible company. The argument can be made the other way if a company requires CC, blue ray editions or special features that they would be bundling features in to raise the price for their profit. If they are labeled as as having a feature then customers should receive that feature. As long as people are not expecting them it is not a problem. It can be negative public relations if a company does have not support for the blind, visually impaired or people who are just interested in catching a line that could not be understood. However the companies are private entities so are not mandated by section 508 of the Amendment to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the state variants based on it that requires certain guidelines for government entities to follow for technologies one of which it addresses is videos.

3. Default Re: Blockbuster Video

They must still comply with the FCC mandates or whatever it is.

Default Re: Blockbuster Video

The Blockbuster stores here in Jax are closing as well. I know of three BB locations and two of them have "Store Closing" signs. I have not been by the third one. We use Netflix or just buy the movie. Netflix has so many movies on Instant Queue probably half of what we watch is now done that way. Two years ago I thought about investing in the DVD Kiosk business. I attended the sales seminar and everything. I am so glad I didn't go that route.

Thread Information