Thread: question about empire strikes back

Default Re: question about empire strikes back

question: who is the most pivotal character of the original sw trilogy? -M

Luke Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavidson8
    luke skywalker.
    good answer... but i say no. there are other characters more pivotal.

any other takers?

-M

/was kinda hoping you'd say voltan.

MadMonk Guest

Han Solo.

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke!!!!

Darth.

Quote Originally Posted by madmonk
    han solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by okbound
    luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyquilts
    darth.
    hmmm... all good answers. still, i say no on all accounts.

the most pivotal character in the original series is the gunner on the star destroyer at the beginning of the very first film.

why? 'cause if the gunner had fired on the pod containing r2d2 and c3p0, they wouldn't have gotten to tatooine. they wouldn't have met luke. luke wouldn't have met ben. they wouldn't have met han and chewie. they wouldn't have rescued princess leia. luke wouldn't have destroyed the deathstar, wouldn't have ever met yoda and wouldn't have turned darth against the emperor. if that gunner had fired, none of it would have happened.

-M /i totally wish that was my original thought, but cool anyway.

I can't believe I joined in with the nerds...

Actually, I guess I can.

Happy 30th, Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm;315527the most pivotal character in the original series is the gunner on the star destroyer at the beginning of the very first film.

why? 'cause if the gunner [I
    had[/I] fired on the pod containing r2d2 and c3p0, they wouldn't have gotten to tatooine. they wouldn't have met luke. luke wouldn't have met ben. they wouldn't have met han and chewie. they wouldn't have rescued princess leia. luke wouldn't have destroyed the deathstar, wouldn't have ever met yoda and wouldn't have turned darth against the emperor. if that gunner had fired, none of it would have happened.

bullsh!t... youre doubting the creative mindset of Mr. Lucas, and nothing you can drum up is going to stop him from making millions upon millions of dollars in his mastermind franchise. you can think of anything to counter the continuity of his saga, and trust me, he will simply rewrite right around whatever anyone thinks they can outwit him on.

btw, luke would have STILL met ben, because at the end of ep III ben specifically states he will secretly watch after luke on tatooine as he grows up. the most pivotal character is anakin, he is what the entire saga is written around.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Happy 30th, Empire.

now i know where spielberg stole his font style for the opening credits on all of the back to the future films.

Yay! A Star Wars topic. Funny Star Wars re-edit/parody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc7cfnKD1sw

WARNING: There is some profanity.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    I can't believe I joined in with the nerds...

Actually, I guess I can.
    star wars fans arent "nerds", youre thinking of "star trek", sweetie.

thats like saying girls who like sex and the city are "whores", or teenies who like "twilight" are gothic vampiristic delinquents.

they are just movies. enjoy them for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post

thats like saying girls who like sex and the city are "whores", or teenies who like "twilight" are gothic vampiristic delinquents.

they are just movies. enjoy them for what they are.
    Um, as far as I can tell both groups involve grown men playing with dolls and dressing in funny costumes, and if you're rich doing something in extremely bad taste to your living room.

Embrace the nerddom "decepticobra." :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post
    Um, as far as I can tell both groups involve grown men playing with dolls and dressing in funny costumes, and if you're rich doing something in extremely bad taste to your living room.

Embrace the nerddom "decepticobra." :-)
    that analogy is about as bad as saying that people who dress up to star in Shakespearean plays are also nerds, because they are dressing up in costumes.

lame/fail.

that analogy is about as bad as saying that people who dress up to star in Shakespearean plays are also nerds, because they are dressing up in costumes.

lame/fail.
    Oh yeah????

Quote Originally Posted by deceptireaux View Post
    Here's an example of Star Wars fans not being nerds, at all. Enjoy.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. And I'm most definitely a Star Wars nerd.

lame/fail.
    That depends. If they are actually performing on the stage, then that is cool. If on the other hand they just enjoy dressing up in 16th Century period costumes and hanging out with their friends... then yeah, nerdy!

Dissing Star Trek while trumpeting Star Wars... pretty nerdy! It's ok, accept the nerddom. Look I'll even participate: Does it make you cry a little on the inside that Trek 09 was the uber-cool movie that most Trekkies had always hoped for while Lucas couldn't even get it right one out of three times for the prequels? Episode I was an abomination to that franchise. Episode III was ok, but the story was pretty jacked up. I don't think I can ever forgive Lucas for that.

Matt, I love the Triumph piece you posted. It is one of my all-time favorites from Conan O'Brien.

Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post
    Does it make you cry a little on the inside that Trek 09 was the uber-cool movie that most Trekkies had always hoped for while Lucas couldn't even get it right one out of three times for the prequels? Episode I was an abomination to that franchise. Episode III was ok, but the story was pretty jacked up. I don't think I can ever forgive Lucas for that.

Ep I was a disaster. Ep II was mediocre. but Ep III was actually good. I mean, how else would you have written Ep III, or any of the prequels for that matter?

We all know Zahn wrote 7, 8, and 9. Perhaps we should get him to rewrite 1-3?

Wait--they made prequels to the Star Wars trilogy?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Wait--they made prequels to the Star Wars trilogy?
    No, they did not, and if anyone else tells you differently don't believe them!

Director Irvin Kershner, who is perhaps best-known for directing The Empire Strikes Back, has died at 87.

I caught the last third of Empire last night on Spike, and it's still every bit as amazing today as it was thirty years ago.

Here's a nice interview he did for Vanity Fair just last month.

Couple of cool behind-the-scenes photos from Empire:

(That's him, second from the right.)

Having a laugh with Harrison Ford.

Thanks for a great movie, Irvin, and rest in peace.

I am LOLing at this whole thread, and yes, the Big Bang Theory is absolutely hysterical. A must-watch.

What is the name of the movie where the Star Wars hit the road on a quest for Skywalker Ranch and they end up in some town where they get in a fight with trekkers?

I say, embrace your inner nerd. Everybody has one.

Lord Helmet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FritterGirl View Post
    I am LOLing at this whole thread, and yes, the Big Bang Theory is absolutely hysterical. A must-watch.

What is the name of the movie where the Star Wars hit the road on a quest for Skywalker Ranch and they end up in some town where they get in a fight with trekkers?

I say, embrace your inner nerd. Everybody has one.
    Fanboys

If you want to have a good laugh checkout the multiple Star Wars spoofs on YouTube. Some are LOL funny.

Remember the original Star Wars Kid

Then it was made better

Then the sequel was made

Thread Information