Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder!!!

1. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder!!!

It's Mr. Hanky!

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder!!!

I guess some people just aren't happy until they have something to bitch about. Boy, some of you all sure put me in my dumb-ass Okie place with those cute replies. I'm off to drink some more of that thar Kool-aide.

this look is priceless and i thought it deserved a quote

Quote Originally Posted by FritterGirl View Post
    As someone on those other boards said, they were thUNDERwhelmed.
    Ced was the "thUNDER WHELMED" poster so I designed this to share with him...

I was so h appy I went online and got some gear. Check it out...

We are so lucky to have this huge economy boost for our great state.

It looks like a sign for a fast food restaurant.

The colors ARE good, and I don't even like orange. I've already got a couple of shirts I'm really fond of. I don't love the logo, but must admit it looks just fine on the sky blue polo I bought.

We are on the front page of yahoo! Yay OKC! Yahoo!

The Logo isn't that bad, it could be worse

The logo could be better but I like everything else. Not a fan of orange but red/orange as an accent color to sky blue could be really sharp and will at least be unique. I've always like the name Thunder as well as anything else proposed.

I'm sure there will be multiple logos (this one being the most simple), a mascot, etc.

I'm very interested to see the uniforms.

11. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder!!!

might have to get me a jersey so I can represent here in Florida!

That color looks great!

On TV, I was thinking... it looks just like the Hornets' turquoise, but the colors are much nicer since I've seen them online.

I like them a lot!

I wasn't crazy about the name at first, but it's grown on me. The colors look great, especially on that huge banner. But I'm sorry, even for a secondary logo, that logo is complete crap.

Is that positive enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    The Logo isn't that bad, it could be worse
    It looks pretty much like any new or redesigned logo in the past 10-15 years in any league. Better than some, not as good as some others. In 10 years we may not even think twice about it or it will be "redone" at some point along the way.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I'll say it here too...

Look at the logo and it looks like a bird head with the beak on the right.

If that's the case, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch (or maybe it would) to get a mascot out of it... a Thunderbird?

Am I just crazy?

i think the logo will change when the uniforms come out....you think?

17. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder!!!

I think the Ford Center will look really cool when we're all wearing the Blue jerseys ....

I have to admit, I'm trying to figure out what the orange and blue streaks through the triangle represent.

Anyone know?

I'm feeling soooo badly for the people who designed this logo, reading some of the comments on this board, newsok and Yahoo, I know they are feeling pretty horrible too.

I expect it from the haters in Seattle but I didn't expect it as much from Oklahomans... oh well, I'm hoping the dust will settle.

I'm not going to let it ruin my excitement. There's waaayyy more to a good team than colors and logos..

I loved the Hornets beyond all reason and they had Purple and Teal for their colors, a Blue Insect as their logo .. and a giant blue bug as a mascot, loved Hugo to death, go figure.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    I have to admit, I'm trying to figure out what the orange and blue streaks through the triangle represent.
    See my theory above...

...it's a bird! A Thunderbird!

I really like the name Thunder. Thunder and lightening definitively reminds me of Oklahoma. I like the fact that "OKC" appears on the jerseys. You know, other than us folks here most people outside the state TODAY don't know that we call Oklahoma City OKC. But TOMORROW, that is going to be common-place. I like that a lot. I like the team colors too.

The logo... eh, not so much. It's not terrible, but it could be better. Hopefully they'll snaz it up when they have more time.

I think it looks great.

21. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    I'm feeling soooo badly for the people who designed this logo, reading some of the comments on this board, newsok and Yahoo, I know they are feeling pretty horrible too.

I expect it from the haters in Seattle but I didn't expect it as much from Oklahomans... oh well, I'm hoping the dust will settle.
    ya know karried, in my line of work i get up in front of hundreds and sometimes thousands of people and i bare my soul and put forth my artistry. if i don't put on a good show... i face very harsh criticism, so i make sure that i'm on point. i guarantee the posters on here have nothing on the jaded posters on "dallas dance music".
    in fact, every so often a promoter or a friend of a promoter that is not ready to be up in front of people will play at the dance party or club event... and they get bagged on mercilessly. however, i feel no pain for them. they shouldn't be in the kitchen if they can't stand the heat.

Thunder is great, they just need Thor's hammer in the logo. It's powerful and he's the god of thunder!

That logo is kind of boring.

24. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder!!!

I just think it's awesome that we have an NBA team. Logos can be changed you know. :P

Thread Information